Manchester 10k-done!

roundrachel

Silver Member
Who'd have thought I could make it round the course without stopping, let alone in 58 mins!

So pleased I was able to get round. Felt so inspired by everyone else, and thinking back to the days when I struggled to get out of bed.

Next on the list is hellrunner (10-12 miles off road run) in November but I might try to fit in a few more races in between now and then. Totally loved today and feeling fit and alive. Shame I wasted 10 years weighing 23 stone but that's long gone now. Hooray!!

Hoping I don't ache too much tomorrow morning! xx

58 mins is great!!!
Well done hun

good luck with the training for hellrunner
daisy x

Ohh I feel so proud of you!!!! Well done!

Wow - well done :) Im impressed

Oh Rachel - WONDERFUL xxxxx

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::wow:

Then I found this.....................
:stinkyfeet:

thanks all! I think it's great to be able to come on here and celebrate our achievements post LL!

My feet aren't actually too bad BB but thanks for the fun pic! I'm back into training tomorrow. Have been eating rather a lot to celebrate my achievement!

When did you start training. I have my eye on a 10k run in september but at the moment i'm managing 1k in 10mins walking fast, how'd you train to run it?>

Sandrat, I started training in January but with all the snow I didn't really get going properly till the end of Feb. What you're doing at the moment is just what you need to do. Run a bit, walk a bit (if you have lamp posts on the road ou run on, try to alternate between them) Then slowly build it up. Once you can run for about half an hour then start to vary the speed a bit so some a slow shuffle and some faster than your average pace.
With running it's amazing how quickly you can build up your distance and time. Don't worry too much about speed. I like to just get into a plod, listen to my tunes on my ipod and get some thinking time in. It's very theraputic!
Good luck and let me know how you're getting on. Which 10k are you thinking of running? Always good to get your entry in early as they get quite full pretty fast

Back