Manda Doing Strict Keto After Pregnancy

Going great guns so far. I did a 30 hour fast and have been doing 23:1
Having lots of eggs, butter, meat and cheese. Plan to have lots of green veg tomorrow. I reckon I should be in ketosis tomorrow all being well. Takes longer when I'm not pregnant though. Here's a sort of progress pic. Excited to see how much weight will come off this week as I'm super strict.

Attachments

• 20190402_180346.jpg
    20190402_180346.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 16
My baby got taken into hospital and diagnosed with severe milk allergy this week. So I've not done great on hospital toast and sandwiches. I did try to fast but I could only manage it 36 hours. I have a bad cold and I'm exhausted. I'm 12st 13lb. So in two weeks I've only lost 2lb. Not great but it's a loss. Hopefully I'll get into it more now.

I'm still on it. Haven't weighed as my scales need a battery and I'm a very busy mum. Going to get one soon but I'm trying so hard not to eat the kids chocolate eggs. My mum got me one 😭

Well I had a bit of a bad spell. I started taking a pill that put weight on me and made me eat like mad. I gained about 10lb and was not happy. I've come down on the medication and I'm back in keto. I've lost 6 of those pounds and want to get back to where I was.
I'm 13 stone 0 just now. Going to really bust my arse to get to 12 stone 0 in the next few weeks. Enough fucking about. I've finally gotten back into keto after months and I am staying here. Time to finally lose those last 3 stone. Ideally I wish it could be 4 but I have lipoedema and I might not make it that low.
Come on Amanda, 12 stone by June. Then 2 more over the coming months. I really want this.
If I could lose 2 stone pregnant then I can lose more now. It was actually really easy but I think that's because my metabolism was high and my body was working hard to make a baby. I don't want to give up my goal of getting to a healthy weight. BMI is a bit **** but it states that I'm a healthy weight at 10.5 stone. I'd love to be 9.5 stone. My daughter weighs 9 stone and she looks lovely. I wish I could be that size. I can, I just need to put the hard work in.

Hi Manda, nice to see other people doing Keto. I think you've done amazingly for getting through pregnancy and having a new baby. We have similar amounts to lose - keep going!

Ok that's it. Enough fannying about now. It's been 5 months and I have maintained but not lost another single pound. I'm done messing around. Clearly it's much harder to do this when I'm pregnant but regardless I want to reach my goal of 10 stone.

One week later and I'm 5lb down. The keto sticks are saying I'm barely in keto and I don't know how the hell I'm not because I eat well under 20g a day. Sigh. I guess I'm going to need to deal with it being long and difficult when I'm not pregnant.

I'm back. I've gained 5lb but I think now is about the time for me to try again. It takes me an age to get into keto, like over a week. So it was always much easier in pregnancy when it took just over 24 hours. I fully expect it to take a long time. Sigh. It is what it is. I'm still more or less maintaining my loss, and I would love to go hard at it for a few months, then aim to stick to that weight loss. Posted a pic of me now, just for reference.

Attachments

• 20190926_165846.jpg
    20190926_165846.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Welllllll I'm pregnant again lol. So I am back in keto. The weirdest thing happened. Soon as I became pregnant I gained lots of weight. My current weight one week into ketosis is 14st 4lb at twelve weeks four days pregnant. I'm hoping I'll get back to my pre pregnancy weight before the third trimester begins.

I'm still going great guns. I know no one reads this, but at least I get to keep my details here to look back on.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant now. I'm in ketosis. I have managed to stay the same weight as I was at booking. It's been easy as anything this time around. My body isn't craving anything and I've gone off sweet things etc which used to be my vice. I haven't updated here in a while as it seems almost pointless to talk to myself lol. Not sure why other threads get better support. Maybe I'm in a bad category or something.
Anyway I'll come on now and again plus update at birth as I like to look back for reference if nothing else.

Attachments

• 20200505_150449.jpg
    20200505_150449.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Really finding this easy. No issues apart from a bit of stomach acid problems. I fixed it by upping carbs and dropping back on fat. Seems to have worked. Strangely also helped me to drop 2 more pounds.
31+3 and baby is approximately 4lb now.

Good to hear from you Manda and that all is going well and that baby is growing nicely.

33 weeks pregnant now. The weeks are flying in, it's really scary actually. I am 14st 4lb or in other units that's 90kg or 200lb. I'd love to lose a few more before baby comes. I usually give birth around 37 weeks. So that gives me just over 4 weeks. He's growing beautifully along the same centile line, just below the 50th so bang on average. My booking weight was 14st 5lb, so I'm 1lbs below my first weight taken in pregnancy at my booking appointment early on. I would love to see the 13s before birth. I'm also pretty much fat adapted at this point. All in all feeling good.

Attachments

• 20200528_170306.jpg
    20200528_170306.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I've revised this weeks weight to 14st 3lbs because the same day and ever after since it's been that. So that was a 2lbs loss this/last week. I'm hoping I can drop another pound for Friday weigh in! 34 weeks, so 3 weeks left hopefully.

Back