Manda Doing Strict Keto After Pregnancy

Just updating that baby is here! Born at 37 weeks 3 days. He was 6lb 15oz.
My final weight was 92kg. Booking weight was 91kg so I gained 1kg.
I lost 1.5st so far I'm 2 weeks post birth right now. That's 9.5kg. Still keto and still going ❤

Baby is 7 months now, well, 6 by corrected age. I have failed in keto again. So here I am back losing the same weight for the 4 millionth time. I'm so sick of it. Look at my start weight and the date of it. Granted I've never been that big ever again, but I constantly go up and down the same weights. I'm determined that this time I can do it. I want to be 9 stone but at the very least 10 stone. Anything else is too heavy and I want to be a normal woman at a normal weight at least some of my life. I'm 2 weeks into keto and my start weight was 14st 6lbs. Currently I'm at 13st 11lb. Let's give this a hardcore 6 month go and see where I am then. 6 months isn't so long. I've done this for 8 weeks at a time before. If I can do 8 weeks I can do 26 weeks.

I am doing so well. I think I've finally cracked this keto thing. I'm fat adapted and the weight is falling off. Today I hit a new low that I haven't seen since 2008. I'm 12st 9lbs and can't wait to see how much more I can lose.

I'm currently 12st 4lbs and that's a loss of 5lbs since I was last on here. Here's an update pic.

Attachments

• 20210512_225747.jpg
    20210512_225747.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Great pic! What are yr favourite kero resources, do you track macros?

Last edited:
Thank you! No I don't track at all. I only eat once a day so I just eat my food and don't worry too much lol. Usually meat and green veg cooked in fat. Good resources are Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Eric Berg. Both have YouTube channels and websites. They're excellent for the truth behind the keto diet ❤

I'm still killing this, better than ever before in fact. I now weigh what I weighed 13 years and 6 kids ago lol. I'm not stopping ever again. I want to be 10st (140lb) by September. I've been consistently losing 2lbs a week. I can definitely do this. I'm going to start adding some exercise from now, along with doing the one week egg challenge. For my meal every day for a week I'm going to eat eggs in various forms and see if it has any impact on my losses. I can't quite believe I'm down 3.5 stone or around 50lbs from my highest weight. I never thought I'd see this! As I'm sure you can tell from my ramblings over the last 6 years.

Brilliant, Manda! Great results.

I often have an egg mayo salad - with iceberg lettuce. It was a lockdown discovery when the supermarket only had iceberg lettuce. Nicely crunchy. I hadn't eaten iceberg for years....

I'm now 10 weeks post partum and I managed to not gain any weight. I'm currently 13st 9lbs as of today. I really want to be keto for life, the cravings are always what kick my arse though. I have a wedding to go to not this Saturday but next and being someone who can do amazing things as long as they're for a short burst of time, I've decided to only drink meal replacement shakes until then. Reason being that I have been teetering on the edge of keto for ages by eating too many carbs and I want to blast this annoying hunger and cravings. I can only lose weight if I'm omad and recently had been 2mad and need to get back to that strict discipline of eating once and not any more later on. A short liquid diet will do the trick. I'm used to doing extended water fasts and definitely no newbie to keto. I take all my electrolytes and make sure I'm not doing anything dangerous. I would not recommend jumping into a diet like this unless your body is fat adapted and used to long periods of time without solid food.
I know I have a much harder time of it losing weight than other people because of my lipoedema but it is what it is. Anyway I've rambled enough, here are the stats:

Day 1, 17th Jan 24: SW: 13st 10lb
Day 2, 18th Jan 24: CW: 13st 9lb (-1lb)

This forum is so quiet now. I really miss the old ways of the internet. As an older millennial I keep coming back because it's nostalgic for me. I loved the old feature they had where you input your details and a banner came up below your avatar that showed your current and start weight, how much you'd lost and how much you had left to go. It really helped with motivation. You can barely even get tickers anymore. It makes me sad lol.

This forum is so quiet now. I really miss the old ways of the internet. As an older millennial I keep coming back because it's nostalgic for me. I loved the old feature they had where you input your details and a banner came up below your avatar that showed your current and start weight, how much you'd lost and how much you had left to go. It really helped with motivation. You can barely even get tickers anymore. It makes me sad lol.
You’re doing so well! Agree about the old tickers! Awww nostalgia

So apparently, due to me being busy and forgetting that I was doing a shake fast, I'm now just doing a water fast instead 😆
I'm deep in keto and because I'm not pregnant anymore there's no hunger or cravings at all. It's been so easy. I'm taking plenty of electrolytes but only had water and black coffee. I NEED the healing from autophagy that this will bring. Apparently I've not lost a pound though. I've been told that when this happens, your body is healing something else that needs it. Fasting is so powerful. I feel great. If I manage to do several more days, I'll be sure to refeed carefully.
Day 5 today, this will be my 3rd day without any food.
CW: 13st 9lbs

Back