Manda's diary - journey to a size 14!

mand1980

I started slimming world 3 weeks ago and so far i'm doing great. I'm 31,still single and have recently had to put my life on hold for 2 years as I have been battling cancer.I am now in remission and in the right frame of mind to become healthier and start losing some weight. I go to group but its great to have this extra support whilst at home. I thought i'd start a diary because i've found that i've lost more weight when i see it written down and i dont tend to cheat as much. as well as people giving you pointers on places where you might be going wrong. So on the menu today:

Breakfast: strawberries with mulllerlight and 30g all bran (heb)

Dinner: Jacket potato, f.f cottage cheese, salad, melon

Tea: crushed new potatoes and peas, smoked haddock and a poached egg. one of my fav EE meals! 2 tsp flora e.l -1syn

Does anyone know if you have to count your milk if you are just poaching the fish in it but not actually using it in the meal? I wont be using my hea today anyway so it wont matter but just wondered for future reference.

Thanks for the message Emmaline. Just a quick update on my food for today. Got up really late because i've been ill with a cold. Not really able to taste much so everything so bland. Its so hard to stick to when your not feeling well.

Dinner - Tin of heinz cheese and tomato ravioli -3 1\2syns, turkey ham and a wholemeal pitta bread
mullerlight

Tea - Tuna, pasta, onion, peppers, sweetcorn with 1 tbsp extra light mayo 1syn
apple, sugar free jelly

Am i eating enough superfree foods? I'm gonna try to eat more but i dont really tend to snack like everyone else does.I've not got a job that allows me to either, i'm lucky to get a break at all most of the time

Well i had a disappointing gain of 1/2lb this week and i'm just hoping its down to the fact i got weighed in the evening rather than the morning like usual or because i've been ill and not eating so much. I only had 1 bad day but even that wouldnt have taken me over my 70 syn allowance for the week if i'd have flexisyn'd it.

Today i've had lovely food started with the syn free pancakes, strawberries and fat free yoghurt. A vege stir fry for dinner and i tried the SW version of kfc chicken for tea. I was very impressed with it. Really enjoyed it with SW chips, bbq beans and corn on the cob followed by a mini twister ice lolly. Got some leftovers for tomorrow when i get in after my night out. At least it will stop me craving a pizza! :)

Back