Mands bottom reduction diary

I've decided to start a diary, I'm not usually very good with keeping them up to date but I shall try.

Quick info: single parent to a 2 year old, always been overweight my whole life (was put on a diet in nursery, yes you read that right) anyhow I gained most of my weight when I got with the ex and have finally decided to take control of my weight problems. Managed to lose 2 stone through healthy eating but needed a serious kick up the arse.

I have tried slim and save once before but only lasted 3 days. This time my head is in the right place though and now on day 8 (would be 9 but a Saturday slip up put paid to that) first weigh in I lost 9lbs.

Currently sat feeling very bloated after forcing the last shake in me, cookies and cream and it wasn't great. Anyway enough ranting if you read this hello

Thanks! I'm struggling today but I know it's all in my head as I'm not remotely hungry so hoping ketosis has arrived. Plan for today is

Mushroom soup
Strawberry shake
Chilli pack spooned into lettuce leaves with cucumber and spring onion and 100g of chicken at the side

I do feel bloated though so trying to stick with this sensation and fight the demons in my head telling ne to cheat. I don't want to cheat and put it down to feeling emotional (my ex's baby is on its way and emotions a bit wayward) I did buy zero noodles today and also *whispers* some wine. Don't know why I did, old habits die hard I guess will just stick it in the cupboard and resist all temptation

After feeling a bit rubbish today and fighting the demons in my head I decided to give myself a bit of motivation. I tried some jeans on that I put on a few weeks ago, they wouldn't fasten then. Actually got them to zip up tonight!
So I tried on some other clothes and tops that were tight and have noticed a difference. It's given me a little boost to carry on. Going to do my measurements next week as me and my sister do each others so I'll be interested to see what the difference is. Proud of myself for not giving up yet, longest I think I've ever lasted on most diet plans.

It's all in the head ultimately! well done for hanging in there. I needed to munch on something so ate a chicken breast this afternoon! It's the first time I have had something extra, since I started 10 days ago. At least it was protein!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Well my head won the past two days but I hope you're still going strong. Back at it today for the third time, if weekends didn't exist I'd be fine. I might just rename Friday and Saturday Monday and Tuesday take 2 haha

Weekends are the hardest aren't they! It's my first day today but I've been on diets before... First time on s&s and going ok so far. X

They are! I'm great all week and really get into the swing of it then Friday turns up like a bully at the school gates and derails me. I must say though I thought I'd go crazy and eat loads of rubbish but I didn't, in fact my stomach must have shrunk because I did spaghetti Bolognese and couldn't eat it, had no room.
How are you finding your first day? It does get easier (says me after that mini rant) and you really don't feel hungry as much. Good luck with it xx

2 days off plan, don't know why I bothered cheating! Didn't eat much more than I would have done on plan, only thing I had more of was wine. Shouldn't have bought the bottle in the week. Back on plan today

Shake
Spaghetti Bolognese with mushroom, onion, courgette and pepper
Sat forcing choc shake in me now

Been starving all day, made pack up with stir fry veg and put 100g of pork in (not supposed to but needed using) I struggled to eat it. Hopefully back in the zone again *rolls eyes*

Don't beat yourself up about the last two days, next time your brain tries to derail you just try and remember how much you didn't actually eat..

my first day has gone great I was starving when it got to 6pm but had my protein and veg then just had cuppa with bar enjoyed it. Do not feel hungry but this is only the first day I'm under no illusions that this will be easy. I love my wine I actually have some in the fridge but its staying there... I dread next weekend, why do they do this to us... I. Eed to keep repeating 'they're just another day'.

well done on your day today. Lets do this together :) x

I'm pleased it's gone well for you, you'll do grand at it and the best bit of advice I read on here was if you feel hungry have some water and wait 20 minutes, usually you find it passes. Yeah if you need a buddy we can spur each other on. My main thing with the wine is my boy goes to his dads at the weekend so that's when I usually unwind with a bottle. Going to try and get out of the habit as I don't want to keep failing at it every week. Keep at it x

Ah Hun me too.. My 3yr old little boy goes to his dads every other weekend but I still have my 9mnth old home with me so I don't get to unwind as much any more. I love a glass of wine after a stressful day but I think it's a defo no no on this diet. Second day going ok however starting to notice a slightly bad taste on my breath.. X

Yeah it's not allowed unfortunately, probably a good thing or I'd never lose weight :) I've found my mouth goes sort of metal tasting. My breath hasn't smelt so far though thankfully. Glad you're still going strong, sometimes a glass of wine is required after a day running around after the kids. Not sure I'd cope with 2 lol x

I'm struggling today, struggling to eat! Not hungry at all, so far today I've had

Praline bar this morning
Small amount of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and tuna for lunch
2 coffees with milk allowance and 2 litres of plain water

Need to have strawberry shake still and my spicy spaghetti. Was going to have mushrooms and zero noodles with spaghetti but I don't think I've room for the noodles so may leave them out

Just had zero noodles with spicy spaghetti. They are.... Interesting. Wasn't sure on the texture at first but sort of got used to them by the end. Don't think I'll be having them often. Also spent 30 minutes burping this afternoon, came from nowhere :/ not sure if that's normal. Anyway it's day 11 of 100% (bit broken up) and official weigh in tomorrow morning if I dare risk it after this weekend. May wait

Just had zero noodles with spicy spaghetti. They are.... Interesting. Wasn't sure on the texture at first but sort of got used to them by the end. Don't think I'll be having them often. Also spent 30 minutes burping this afternoon, came from nowhere :/ not sure if that's normal. Anyway it's day 11 of 100% (bit broken up) and official weigh in tomorrow morning if I dare risk it after this weekend. May wait

ah wow so please ur struggling to eat rather then struggling not to gorge :) ahh I'm looking forward to u weighing in, u never know u might be surprised plus ur on the right track so if u haven't then u know u definitely will.

A I'm gonna get some of those noodles as John is not too happy about the portion sizes although he is doing well so far... He asked me to ask if anyone has had the 'runs' in the first couple days as he seems to have had, u reminded me about it when u mentioned the burping haha. Xx

It really is a novelty to not be hungry and it'll arrive for you both soon enough :) I do feel bloated a lot though compared to when I was eating "normally" I think I've read somewhere some people have had a similar effect to him. Think it's the digestive system getting used to the change. Is he doing 4 plus protein or 5? Might be worth upping his protein intake a bit until ketosis arrives if he's hungry? Won't affect much and won't stall it arriving at all.

I'm still undecided wether to get on the scales or not :/ see how I feel in the morning. Hope you're still finding it easy today x

It really is a novelty to not be hungry and it'll arrive for you both soon enough :) I do feel bloated a lot though compared to when I was eating "normally" I think I've read somewhere some people have had a similar effect to him. Think it's the digestive system getting used to the change. Is he doing 4 plus protein or 5? Might be worth upping his protein intake a bit until ketosis arrives if he's hungry? Won't affect much and won't stall it arriving at all.

I'm still undecided wether to get on the scales or not :/ see how I feel in the morning. Hope you're still finding it easy today x

hiya Hun let me know if you weigh in, fingers crossed.

yeah he's having 4 plus protein and veg but I've told him not to bother weighing out his veg and to bulk it out a bit.. Hope this helps him. He did have a big diet beforehand so his body isn't used to havin so little.

i think I'm going to try the oatmeal this morning is it nice? I'm not a porridge fan but thought I might give it a go x

I did weigh in and have lost a pound, slightly dissapointed but I did cheat at the weekend so only myself to blame. Still 10 pounds in 2 weeks is not to be sniffed at and better than I would have done on anything else. Also bit too much info but the loo habits slowed down so hoping it's due to that also

Going to keep at it though and hope for a bigger loss next week. I don't like the oatmeal or porridge I think they're vile, how did you get on with it? Yeah should be fine with bulking them out with veg, protein will make you feel fuller for longer though and has no carbs x

Back