Mandy's Diary

Mandyuk

Thought I would introduce myself.
My names Mandy and I started Slim and Save yesterday (Sunday 22nd January).
I had the Dark Choc Truffa Bar, Spag Bol and Crispy Choc Shake yesterday along with the 200g of vegetables. Quite surprised how nice everything was!
Yesterday was quite easy but this morning I have been feeling dizzy (feeling abit better now), hope ketosis is here soon!
I went on Lipotrim about 8 months ago but only lasted a couple of weeks, found it really hard just having the shakes all the time and not being able to have a dash of skimmed milk in coffee or coke zero but Slim and Save seems alot nicer and much more relaxed with the rules!
I have 3 stones to lose, I am getting married this September and want to be the same weight I was at uni. I'll still be within the overweight category re BMI but I was happy with my figure and shape at that weight.
Wish me luck, I have a feeling i'll need it!

Hello, welcome, good luck! I'm on day 10 so I can safely say it does get easier. Ketosis is great! 3 stones isn't too much to lose (I've got another 6 to go:eek:). S+S does seem a lot nicer than what I hear of other VLCDs, well I like it and I'm a right fussy bugger.

You've found a friendly place for support. I don't think I would have lasted this long without the support of this forum!

Good luck Mandy! You can do it! The dizzy feeling will go. I had this too, but only for the first week and it's fixable if you nibble or slurp something from the plan.

Thanks Minimoosh & Giza for the positive comments. You've both done really well on the diet. It's good to know we're all in it together. Had the chilli for tea, it was sooo tasty! Got a horrid taste in my mouth so think Ketosis is on it's way.

Good luck Mandy. I did LT 6 years ago pretty successfully (lost 5 stone in 4 months) surviving on just choc milkshakes as I couldn't stomach the other flavours. I knew that I couldn't do that again though and it put me off doing another VLCD for years. I'm so glad I found S&S because I like most of the flavours, and the veg option keeps me on the straight and narrow. I've lost just over 4 stone now, and have 25lbs to go. Glad ketosis is kicking in for you as it makes life so much easier as you will know.

Good luck Mandy!

I am just finishing day 10 like minimoosh. I had the dizziness for most of the first week truthfully, but it's no longer with me and happy that I stuck with it and got through it, with the support of everyone on here no less!

I am also getting hitched this yr, in june. I had 4 stone in total to lose. I've lost just over a stone starting on slimming world and moving onto S&S, so I re-evaluated my goal and decided to go for another stone to get me close to my comfy weight!

Good luck with the plan, and just keep coming on here when you feel weak, or lonely, stressed or when you have fantastic losses and need to boast lol!! xxx

Good luck Mandy!! As Tara says come on here anytime u feel stuck this forum is lifeline and we are All friendly!! Xx

I was wrong don't think ketosis is here at all as feeling awful this afternoon, although feeling abit better as i'm writing this. I had my truffa bar at 6.30am as woke up really hungry (usually don't get up till 9am), also had lunch at 11.30am (Cafe Latte shake - think I made it too thick as wasn't very nice) so think i'll struggle tonight but at least i'm nearly half way through the first week.
Bordersgirl - you deserve a medal for doing Lipotrim for so long as it is such hard work! I lasted a fortnight and then gave in!
Was abit annoyed with someone at work today as she said you'll put all the weight back on if you eat rubbish like you did before.
Now I know that's not true as I have kept off the weight in the past after a diet and it has taken me a long time to gain it back, ie: 4 years ago I met my fiance and gained pretty much 3 stone due to meals out, wine, etc.
Nowadays we don't eat like that as much so when the diets done, I think I should keep it off.
Iwannabeskinny - I'll keep an eye on your progress seen as how we started at the same time.

Awww poor you I know EXACTLY how you feel - hence the reason I am not keen to fall off the wagon and go through that again.....If you look back my diary you will see from the first couple of days! I ate a bar at 2am lol!!!! Stay strong xx

Day 3 and feel very hungry, seem to be feeling hungry at lunchtime rather than morning when have a bar and evening when I have a meal with my veggies.
Good news is I don't feel dizzy or abit cloudy (if that makes sense).
I really didn't drink enough water last night, ran out of soda water and didn't sit on the sofa with my 1 and a half ltr bottle of water last night so really need to try and drink lots today.
Does anyone think not drinking 3 ltrs makes a difference to your weight loss? I know you have to drink it as you'll end up dehydrated as not getting water from your food and keeps you feeling full.
I need to focus on getting that 3 stone/2-3 dress sizes off (thats the amount I can lose and they can alter the wedding dress by according to the shop) then i'll be happy, look great on the photo's and at my comfy weight! Then after the wedding at end September I can come back on this and lose an extra 2 stones.
Worrying about weighing in on Sunday, keep thinking i'm not going to lose that much but I should as only having 3 packs a day and the first week usually lose alot so fingers crossed!
Really been enjoying reading all the posts on the forum, it's a great distraction when your feeling bored and start thinking of forbidden things!

Yes I think the amount of water you drink affects your losses - really try to have three litres if you can. Its also to help you digestive system keep operating and also because ou need to prodice a lot of urine to get rid of the waste that ketosis generates (or something along those lines I'm no scientist)

So really important for health and weight loss!!! xx

I read something on here (can't remember where) that was interesting- water has no calories, but the body uses energy to process it through the system, so you lose weight (although a tiny amount!) just by drinking it!

Water is really vital on a VLCD to dilute the nutrients in each pack. And it keeps you feeling full. For me having a water bottle to hand is essential, I sometimes need to pick something up and put it in my mouth. Better water than food!

I'm trying to limit myself- if I count all the water plus tea, boullion etc I had well over four litres yesterdays :eek: which is bad for you!

Perhaps ur drinking my share Minimoosh! Think I need to buy a big litre bottle & then properly keep track of my water intake each day. Got some of the flavourings but there not great, we'll citrus one isnt anyway. Thanks for your advice guys! x

the citrus one isn't very nice is it. I've been having one berry one a day but my weight has stayed the same or more for 4 days so I'm trying to ccut out all extras

I have the 500ml bottles and refill and keep in the fridge. I try to have two by lunchtime, two more in the afternoon and two in the evening. I don't keep absolute track but thats roughly it!

"Worrying about weighing in on Sunday, keep thinking i'm not going to lose that much but I should as only having 3 packs a day and the first week usually lose alot so fingers crossed!"

I've done four from the beginning Mandy and I'm not complaining about my losses. Whether it's 3 or 4, keep up the water as others have advised and if you stick with it, the weight will go!

So happy I have made it to Day 5 as was REALLY HUNGRY last night and this morning. Dizziness feeling seems to be gone apart from first thing in the morning when I have my bar.

I had a sneaky peak on the scales and think I have lost about 5lbs since sunday! Going to get some different scales though as mine weigh half a stone too heavy as when I went to slimming world there scales costs about £4k and get callibrated regularly and when I would come home and weigh half a stone heavier.

It's confusing deducting half a stone all the time!

Had a crispy choc shake for lunch, I think these shakes seem to be mix better. Whether it's because you mix with milk, or you have the crispy bits in, I don't know but doesn't seem as lumpy.

Day 5 of 70 (roughly got another 65 days left - start of April).

Does anyone know if you still lose weight whilst refeeding or if you automatically gain your water weight back when coming off the plan?

Congrats Mandy! You've had a great few days and glad the dizzy spells are going. Someone gave me a free sample of the crispy choc shake to try. As usual I mixed it with water (have never used milk on any mix, even the porridge is creamy and yum with water, tho I do add sweetners) and it was lovely. I might widen my limited range to include this one! Sorry, can't help with refeeding but someone else will, I'm sure!

Back