Cruise PV mange tout- allowed or not?

curvygirlie

is mange tout allowed on PV days?

I'm aware that peas are strictly forbidden, but is mange tout classed as the same?

They are in the book as being ok (p.319).

ah yes, so it is. :thankyou:

Maybe i should actually finish reading the book. I'm only up to the recipes on pg 159, must admist I've been putting off reading the rest as he does tend to waffle a bit..

Mange Tout are the same as beans, french or runner, as the peas are the bit that are the carb so only tiny. Sugar snap I would say would be a bit different as the peas do get much bigger in them (this is from a gardening perspective) so I would avoid them.

I didn't spot that mangetout were allowed. That's excellent because I've been doing a lot of stir-fries since I came off attack. It's the only way I enjoy vegetables! :)

Are all the veggies in a normal stir fry mix allowed then? Starting cruise tomorrow and hadn't thought of stir frys, which I love! I guess they're allowed as they're just peppers mushrooms beansprouts, have I missed anything?

Are broccoli cauliflower and sweetcorn allowed on cruise?

Not sure on beansprouts but sweetcorn is a definate no, very high carb. Broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage, chinese cabbage are all good.

Yes, and as well as Poppy's suggestions I've added celery, onions, sometimes cucumber (deseeded) or blanched carrot batons to mine (varying each time). Lots of fresh ginger, garlic & some chillies every time though. They all add to the colour and texture and it feels like a 'real meal'. :)

Back