• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Extra Easy Maple syrup on salmon!!!

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi folks, during an adventurous moment, I decided to drizzle a little maple syrup over my salmon fillets and I thought it tasted delicious (so did my dh!) I don't know if this is a common thing to do or whether I'm just a madwoman, but I really thought it worked! Just had to share my ureka moment with you!! X
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Gold Member
I've never had this, but when in the states I lurve maple syrup on my bacon and scrambled egg so I see where you're coming from hun!
Sounds ace!

I went to a really posh restaurant some time ago and had treacle cured salmon which was FIT so this maybe another option

.........may have to experiment. Thanks for the inspiration

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi Meli, yes I put it on afterwards, but you could certainly use before as a glaze! Good thinking!! Hey Elle chick, a level tablespoon is 2, so I counted it as 1 syn, although it was probably more like 1/3 syn but just to be on the safe side...X
I use maple syrup with Salmon. I put the Salmon in foil with a little fry light and some water and then a splash of maple syrup over the Salmon with the seasoning. It tastes really nice and is a bit of a change from Honey. I've been counting it as 1 syn but maybe I'm wrong?:(
If I am making a chicken dish with fresh ginger in it, I also add a splash of ginger wine (got some for Christmas to make whisky macs). I did it by mistake at first - I thought I was picking up the sherry bottle - but it worked very well. You don't need much as it is quite sweet, but it has a very rounded flavour.