Extra Easy Maple syrup on salmon!!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi folks, during an adventurous moment, I decided to drizzle a little maple syrup over my salmon fillets and I thought it tasted delicious (so did my dh!) I don't know if this is a common thing to do or whether I'm just a madwoman, but I really thought it worked! Just had to share my ureka moment with you!! X

I've never had this, but when in the states I lurve maple syrup on my bacon and scrambled egg so I see where you're coming from hun!

Sounds ace!

I went to a really posh restaurant some time ago and had treacle cured salmon which was FIT so this maybe another option

.........may have to experiment. Thanks for the inspiration
x

Hi Meli, yes I put it on afterwards, but you could certainly use before as a glaze! Good thinking!! Hey Elle chick, a level tablespoon is 2, so I counted it as 1 syn, although it was probably more like 1/3 syn but just to be on the safe side...X

I use maple syrup with Salmon. I put the Salmon in foil with a little fry light and some water and then a splash of maple syrup over the Salmon with the seasoning. It tastes really nice and is a bit of a change from Honey. I've been counting it as 1 syn but maybe I'm wrong?:(

If I am making a chicken dish with fresh ginger in it, I also add a splash of ginger wine (got some for Christmas to make whisky macs). I did it by mistake at first - I thought I was picking up the sherry bottle - but it worked very well. You don't need much as it is quite sweet, but it has a very rounded flavour.

Back