Marathon Girl's Diary

girl_from_mars

Hello,

I have started exante today and as there is no counsellor or meeting support I thought I'd start an online diary - more to keep myself on track than anything else.

I've read through some of the diaries on here and was overwhelmed by how well people are doing and how supportive and welcoming everyone is.

A bit about me....

I'm 32. Have between 6 and 7 stones to lose (ideally), but realistically 5 stones would make me very happy.

I'm 5"6. This morning I weighed 16 stone 12.

This is the heaviest I have ever been. It was a bit of a shock. But I'm hoping the shock of seeing the number on the scales will carry me through the first few days of this diet. I thought I was around 16 - 2. :mad:

I've done cambridge before and was succesful in losing a stone and a half. I enjoyed the diet but as soon as I took a break I didn't get back on it. The weight I lost plus the same again has all gone back on.

I am fed up, down, depressed, miserable and need to improve my life. I'm single and all I want is a husband and kids. I feel like time is running out for this. I feel my weight and the way I feel about myself stops me from dating and enjoying the single life.

I've been given a place in the London marathon for April 2012. I currently don't exercise - let alone run. But I wanted a challenge and a goal to aim for. I plan to lose a few stones on Exante and then switch to healthy eating once I am training hard for the marathon. I'm terrified I won't be able to run the marathon and so far have been putting off training. It starts tomorrow with a 2k jog/walk. :eek:

I'm going to use this diary to record my thoughts on my diet, marathon training and maybe even on my attempts at dating! I've been single for 18 months and its time to get back out there. :)

I'm a sales account manager and drive all over the country. The rest of the time I work from home. This makes it really hard to stick to a routine as I have a lot of hotel stays and stops at motorway service stations. And I love hotel breakfasts lol.

So, in a nutshell that's me. Wish me luck !

hello girl from mars welcome ...

Wanted to drop by and wish you lots of luck... if u stick at it which i know u will :D the rewards are fabulous.. the first few days are difficult but with a bit of detemintion it will get better...

I was 16st 11lbs so know exactly how u feel hun hang in there and u will feel fab about urself :D

Hi there! Just thought I'd pop in to say good luck. You can do this. :) xxx

DAY 1 - nearly over!

Thanks Ladies!

Day one over - shakes surprisingly nice. Very creamy and no funny aftertaste like the CD ones.

Time for bed....to dream about being slim!

Back