Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Maria2206 said:
The husband just reminded me about 4 pieces of fudge I had over the weekend. Doh, I had forgotten about them. I think I am now into minus weeklies.....just hope I don't register a gain on Wednesday.

Good luck! Hopefully the fudge won't show!!

Now have you done so far?

Yesterday and today were good days, so far. The meals have gone like this:

Yesterday:
B - Banana, coffee
L - 50g (dry weight) of couscous (5pp) with roasted Mediterranean veg (1pp for olive oil) and 30g feta cheese (2pp). WW yogurt (1pp)
D - Salmon fillet (6pp), pan finished new potatoes (4pp), carrots, broccoli and parsley sauce (1pp) (lovely meal!)
Snacks - WW poppadums (2pp), hot choc (1pp), milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

25/26 dailies. Not got any weeklies left so the cupboard is a bit bare between now and tomorrow! [Welcome back weeklies....]

Today:
B & L same as yesterday (9pp)
Afternoon snack - Skinny latte (2pp)
D - Cuppa soup (2pp), Cinnamon micro oats and banana (4pp)
Supper - Warburtons thin (3pp) with ham (1pp), reduced fat mayo (1pp), salad. Greek yogurt (1pp) with grapes and blueberries. Hot choc (1pp)
Snacks - fruit. Milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

26/26. Today is an odd day because I will be at work from 9am until 9pm, hence the microwaveable dinner and then supper (which I don't usually have) when I get home. It looks like loads of food when it's written down. Hope my belly thinks so too.

I find that even if u have a bad day at beginning of the wk 3 or 4 good days back on plan can usually sort it out to still get a loss or even a sts, dont let it worry u, even if u get a gain it will be gone next wk anyway :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That was meant to b a :-D

It's WI tomorrow so I will soon know. I have even managed to stay off the scales this week on the grounds that when I see no movement or worse a gain, it knocks me off track.

I had lost a stone and a quarter but then regained 7lb since early December, partly because my WW class closed for 3 weeks but mainly because Christmas parties, Christmas, anniversary, a bereavement and a trip away took their toll!

I had hoped to lose that 7lb by my birthday (next week) but alas no. I have only managed to lose 2lb! Have to get a grip....

How did wi go?

How did wi go?

Lost half a pound thanks for asking. It may not be much but it is a move in the right direction, got to take the positives after the scoffy week I've just had. Got worse ahead though: a boozy night on Friday, a leaving do (with food) on Saturday and my birthday on Tuesday - the day before WI. Doh....I'm going to have to get plenty of activity in I'm thinking.

Well done on the loss, ur right ur going in the right direction :-D sounds like a busy week ahead

Well done on the loss, ur right ur going in the right direction :-D sounds like a busy week ahead

Thanks Sarah. I am uneasy about this busy week.....I have 18 weeklies left to cover two meals out!

Perhaps if u have salad for lunch and fruit for breakfast u can save the majority of ur dailies for ur meal, or u could have a sf day and pick something like steak or gammon with a jacket and peas ??

Perhaps if u have salad for lunch and fruit for breakfast u can save the majority of ur dailies for ur meal, or u could have a sf day and pick something like steak or gammon with a jacket and peas ??

Tonight's meal out is supposed to be a fish course and i am planning to take alcohol free beer (1pp a bottle) so I am hoping to keep tonight's points down. I was going to go for a run today to earn more AP's but I just feel so drained. I could happily go back to bed!

I will definitely keep the points down for the rest of the day on my birthday. Not sure what to have yet - I am not a great meat eater so hopefully will have chicken or fish again. There will definitely be a dessert involved though! I think I probably have to face the fact that I will go over this week. I do find it very hard to have a social life and lose weight but fortunately, we don't go out anywhere near as much as we used to.

Well, the last week's food has been terrible. Had 2 leaving do's to go to, a birthday meal out and a corporate do (4 course dinner and wine). It is unusual for me to have so many social activities together so hopefully that's it for a while now. The scales are telling me that I have gained 4lb during this time. Very annoying. I tried damage a bit of damage limitation by skipping a lot of the food and alcohol and also squeezed in 2 x 3 mile runs and 2 x 30 minute walks but it was not enough. Got back on it yesterday and so far the food has been good:

B - Banana and pear
L - Hot choc (1pp)
D - Chicken jalfrezi (5pp), brown rice (6pp), tomato, onion and coriander salad. Dessert was FF greek yogurt (2pp), fruit cocktail and meringue (1pp)
Snacks - Milk for tea and coffee (2pp), grapes and banana

I only had 17/26 dailies but I was busy around the house and took the time out to make the jalfrezi and some low pp soup so I didn't really stop until tea time. I wasn't hungry and decided not to eat for the sake of it, especially after the over indulgence of the week before.

Today is looking like this:

Brunch - Leek and butternut squash soup (1pp). This was a great tip from someone on here and it is lovely. Also had a Warburtons thin (3pp) with ham (1pp), onion and 10g reduced fat cheese (1pp).
Dinner - Crispy garlic chicken breasts (6pp), pan finished baby potatoes (2pp), peas (2pp). Dessert will again be FF yogurt (2pp), meringue (1pp) and fruit cocktail.
Snacks - Fruit, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

This takes me to 21pp, which leaves me with 5pp for additional snacks but I haven't decided what I will have yet.

Sounds like 2 yummy days, sometimes events do all happen at once and u just gotta try ur best

whats the pan fried pots?? x

whats the pan fried pots?? x

Nothing too exciting: boiled skin-on new potatoes, left to go cold then sliced thickly and fried in a griddle pan with fry light, salt, pepper and chilli flake. I love the way the griddle pan leaves the lines across the potato - and I feel like I am almost having roasties or chips!

Today was another good day but I was really hungry for most of it!

B - Banana, pear and cup of black coffee.
L - Home made leek and buttnernut squash soup (1pp), warburtons thin (3pp), ham (1pp), slivers of reduced fat cheese (1pp). WW Yogurt (1pp)
D - Chicken jalfrezi (4pp), Brown rice (6pp), chapati (4pp), tomato onion and coriander salad
Snacks - apples, pear, milk in tea and coffee (3pp)

This leaves me with 2pp to spend on yogurt (1pp), fruit and meringue (1pp) or I may just have a milky hot chocolate instead. Not too sure what I will have for tea tomorrow although breakfast and lunch are likely to be the same as I still have 2 portions of the home made soup in the fridge.

A very yummy day there, ur pots sound yummy :-D

So yesterday went a bit belly up. I went out for a walk at lunchtime and was so hungry I bought a pack of biscuits from M&S and scoffed the lot! thankfully it was the end of my week so today I was able to start afresh with a clear conscience and a fresh set of weeklies. I managed to lose 2lb last week which I am very pleased with because I only got back on plan on Saturday and my WI was Wednesday.

Today's food:

B - Coffee, apple
L - Mushroom stroganoff (Tesco's light choices- not bad) (11pp), WW yogurt (1pp)
D - Venison sausages (3pp), Mr Mash (3pp) with 0.5 tspn butter in (1pp), carrots, peas (2pp), gravy (1pp)
Dessert - FF Greek yogurt (2pp), meringue (1pp), fruit cocktail
Snacks - milk for tea and coffee (2pp), grapes, pear, banana

Earned 3 AP's from a 30 minute jog and 15 minute walk

So today was 3AP + 26 weeklies - 27 used = 2 pp left. I often eat my AP's to stop me from going to hungry but I probably won't eat the remaining 2 for today as I am still full from tea.

PS - I didn't like the venison sausages but I tried them because venison is so lean. I couldn't be bothered cooking something else so I soldiered on and ate them!

Congrats on your 2lb loss, your food looks really good, I'm planning meringue with fruit and yougurt for dessert tonight after reading through your diary!

Back