Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Congrats on your 2lb loss, your food looks really good, I'm planning meringue with fruit and yougurt for dessert tonight after reading through your diary!

Thanks!

I have been chocker at work and haven't had chance to update. I have been good-ish though:

Thurs (started off as a F&H day, ended up PP'ing):
B - Shredded wheat (4pp) Skimmed milk (1pp)
L - Jacket potato (7pp), tuna (3pp), sweetcorn (1pp) salad and loads of tasty onion.
D - Chicken flamer: muffin (5pp), chicken (4pp), mayo (1pp), tomato, lettuce and onion.
Snacks - Skinny latte (2pp), milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

30/26 dailies so used up 4 weeklies, leaving 45 left

Fri:
B - Banana
L - Warb thin (3pp), Chicken (4pp), salad, homemade soup (1pp)
D - Quiche (8pp), turkey kofta and salad ready meal (9pp)
Snacks - 2 custard creams (3pp) (husband is a feeder, I blame him for the quiche and the custard creams!). Meringues x 2 (2pp), yogurt (1pp) and fruit.
Milk for tea and coffee - (2pp)

I had a bit of a sweet tooth last night so ended up using 33/26 points so dipped into weeklies. I now have 38 weeklies left.

Cheat meal tonight - woo hoo! Have a great weekend everyone.

Great couple of days, u still got plenty of weeklies left!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So we had our cheat meal last night. I usually aim to restrict it to 20 of my weeklies but I ended up using 24. I think it was because of the extra drinks I had.

B - Crumpets (5) and banana and cinnamon "jam", coffee
L - Warb thin (3), ham (1), baked crisps (2)
D - Quiche (12), chips (7), red wine (9), vodka & dc (2), Calypso coffee (5), meringue (2) and fruit
Snacks - fruit and milk (2)

Even though it was a cheat meal, I don't feel like I had good use of points at all.
50 points. 26 dailies and 24 weeklies, leaving 14 weeklies to see me through until Wednesday.

Quiche doesnt seem like much of a treat? Was it a full fat one? Quite high in pp!

Quiche doesnt seem like much of a treat? Was it a full fat one? Quite high in pp!

Yes it was full fat goats cheese and red pepper. Lovely but as you said, a lot of points. The husband bought it but he can't be trusted shopping on his own!

Had a good day today. Went for a 31 minute jog, plus 15 - 20 mins warm up/cool down walking. Then I decided to tackle the lawns which were starting to resemble a fallow field. It was the first cut of the year and it was sodding hard work.

B - Apple (wasn't feeling too chipper)
L - Salmon fillet (6), new potatoes (4), carrots and broccoli, parsley sauce (1)
D - Home made lentil and carrot soup (4), 2 x WW bread rolls (6), laughing cow cheese triangles (1), ham (1) - I am stuffed having just finished this.
Snacks - apple, milk for tea and coffee (2)

25/26 dailies. I haven't had any of my 3 AP's and I probably won't have anything else as dinner was so filling. Anyway, it will make up for yesterday's gluttony.

Great day!

I was good today but the previous two days ended up being blown out of the water. I went to the shops in my lunchtime on Thursday and felt so hungry I bought a pack of vienese whirls (and scoffed the lot) and a tube of mini Munchies on the Friday (scoffed all of those too). I was supposed to go to WI on Wednesday but chickened out - not like me, I usually face the music.

I thought I would try a F&H day but I always end up doing it wrong, started well but then discovered Quorn sausages are not coming up as F&H. Annoying. I ended up PP'ing instead and of course i went over my dailies because I started out eating more of the F&H foods. I really should just stick to PP's.

B - Porridge 40g (4), banana and fruit cocktail
L - Leek & Butternut squash soup, WW bread x 4 (5), laughing cow triangles x 2 (1), ham (1), tomato and onion
D - Quorn sausages x 2 (3), baked beans (5), jacket potato (7). Dessert - 0% natural yogurt (2) with spenda and fruit
Snacks - Grapes, apple, pear, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2)

Dailies 26 plus 4 weeklies used, less 3 AP's earned (from 35 min jog and 25 min walk) = leaves 48 weeklies to carry forward (phew).

I have been pants for the last two days. Don't know what's wrong with me! I have even skipped WW classes for the last couple of weeks. Had a massive slice of chocolate cake as a lunch replacement on Thursday, had a cheese sandwich and 3 out of 5 M&S chewy choc chip cookies yesterday. On the plus side, I have just pointed everything up and unbelievably, I have used up all my weeklies already (WI is Wednesday) but have not gone over! All is salvageable!

I really have got to pull myself together. I think I was bored at the prospect of having homemade soup every day for lunch so "forgot" to take it in. The answer is clear - plan, plan and plan again. Oh, and admit to everything that has passed my lips.

Feeling better about not blowing the weeklies out of the water and will have to be good as gold between now and Wednesday.

Ohh thats great!! Just shows if you hadn't pointed it all up you'd have probably said feck it and milled on. You'll still get a good loss now if you keep on plan x

That's exactly what I was thinking (i.e. eff it!). I am so glad I pointed up now....if I stay the same I will be pleased. If I lose anything I will be ecstatic! x

Uve not gone over ur weeklies so dont b too hard on urself im sure u will b ok till wi and get a loss, I sometimes find it better having all weeklies at the beginning of the wk and less at the end, I normally get a good loss when I do that!

Uve not gone over ur weeklies so dont b too hard on urself im sure u will b ok till wi and get a loss, I sometimes find it better having all weeklies at the beginning of the wk and less at the end, I normally get a good loss when I do that!

Thanks Sarah, I hope so! It's useful to hear your experience of using up the weeklies early on.

I used to do it all the time as my wi is friday and we used to have quite alot of takeaways at the wk end so the majority of my weeklies would b gone but I dont really do it anymore as I like to have some weeklies every day rather than none all wk

Here to follow your journey Maria! You did so well getting back on track and counting up your points! We can do this xx

Here to follow your journey Maria! You did so well getting back on track and counting up your points! We can do this xx

Hi Emma! Yes indeed we can do it. Small steps, acknowledging and moving on from mistakes, persistence. That's what it's all about. x

So today has been pretty good so far:

B - Cup of coffee, apple (wasn't very hungry due to yesterday's pig-fest)
L - Pitta (homemade by husband - v nice) (5), tuna (2), mayo (1), feta (2), olives (1)
D - Beef casserole (6), parsley mash (3), peas (2)
Snacks - grapes, banana, pears, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2)

This leaves 2 of my 26 dailies left. I will either have some yogurt, meringue and fruit if I get peckish or I will just have a WW hot chocolate.

I am going to try and up my running this week (I should say jogging really but it makes me feel better to call it running). I have downloaded a new running app which I will test drive tomorrow. I just hope the hip stays sound. It is largely ok and I managed a 35 minute run on Wednesday so here's hoping....

Back