Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Wow 35 minutes is amazing running, I tried so many times to do the couch to 5km but just never got past week 2, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a Walker but I think I'm ok with that now!

Wow 35 minutes is amazing running, I tried so many times to do the couch to 5km but just never got past week 2, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a Walker but I think I'm ok with that now!

It's certainly amazing for me! During every session I thought I was going to die when I started but it has got a bit easier. Did you try the NHS C25K podcasts? They are the best ones I found. Walking is probably better for weight loss anyway as the slower burn hits the fat stores apparently. My heart rate shoots up so high when I run that I am never in fat burning zone but it has definitely improved my fitness.

I have been good today:

B - Crumpet and half a teaspoon butter (3)
L - Beef casserole in rich gravy (6), Mr Mash (3), Peas (2)
D - Roast chicken (3), ww bread (5), mayo (1) tomato and onion. Dessert: FF greek yogurt (1) mixed with splenda a half a tin of fruit cocktail
Snacks - apple, tangerines, milk for tea and coffee (2)

26/26. No weekies used (none left until WI Wednesday!)

Another good day today and I am just back from a 40 minute slow jog.

B - banana and skinny latte (2)
L - veg and lentil moussaka (8), salad, ww yogurt (1)
D - chicken chasseur (6), mr mash (3).
Snacks - 2 small bananas, 2 tangerines, apple, pear. Milk for tea (2).

This leaves 4pp left for an evening snack.

Good day, well done on ur jog! What u gonna have for a snack

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good day, well done on ur jog! What u gonna have for a snack

I just had a hot chocolate in the end. 3pp went unused because I just wasn't very hungry with eating so late.

Great day yesterday. Tuesday already....only one day left wohoo x

Would you believe it - I had forgotten I get my new round of weeklies tomorrow! It makes such a difference being very much "in the zone" and I am pleased to say I feel like I am back in it.

Today is looking good. I am working late (9am - 9pm) tonight so will be eating in work, hence the ready meals:

B - Banana, apple, coffee
L - Homemade lentil soup (4), chicken sandwich: WW bread (3), Chicken (3), RF mayo (1)
D - Chicken and broccoli bake (11), WW yogurt (1)
Snacks - milk for tea & coffee (2), plum, 2 tangerines, diet coke

This should leave me with 1pp for a hot chocolate when I get home. I bought some nice frothy highlights which I will look forward to.

WI tomorrow and I haven't sneaky-peeked at the scales. I am really hoping to STS or even better get a little loss. x

Evening all, thanks for the positive comments.

It was WI today and I was hoping to STS. I didn't. I lost a pound!! Woo hoo!! Very pleased.

I did go a bit haywire today though - had a bit of mayo in my jacket spud, then had both a cake AND a twix. My only excuse is that I started the day off with Sweet Cinnamon porridge and it set me off on a sweet craving all day. Tomorrow is a new day. Perseverance is the key.

Well done! What a lovely surprise!

Hello everyone - it's been a while. Looking through all the posts I have subscribed to, it looks like a lot of people have gone quiet lately.

I have had a horrendous few weeks and my stress levels are up the wall - primarily work related. Added to that, I think I have suffered a bit of delayed grief over my brother's death in January. Overall, I have struggled with the diet as I just want comfort food so I dropped out of going to class and I've gained about 4-5lb during this time.

I have no mojo at the moment but am slowly starting to make improvements to my diet and I will go back to WW on Wednesday if I feel up to it.

On the positive side, I can see that a few people have kept the momentum going - very well done to you all, especially as almost everyone I have spoken to lately have been struggling. xx

Hi maria welcome back, I have lost my mojo to always start of with good intentions and by the evening I'm stuffing myself, God only knows how much I'll be up tomorrow but I have to get myself back on track! Well done on trying to get yourself back on track, I eat like a house when I'm stressed!

Back