Marie's Diary

Oh hun, step away from the scales, it isnt worth it. Surely you cant have put weight on if you have done it by the book. Maybe its your body adjusting to food.

Keep your chin up xxx

Thanks Hunni i know i cant have put on Fat that is just impossible. Im hoping that my body adjusts quickly and next weeks results show better i was on the verge of giving up last night and tucking into a nice big tub of icecream.
Ive totally got out on the wrong side of bed this morning as well just got a black cloud over my head following me around. I know i shouldnt be like this as ive not had my offical weigh in but even if ive not put on i must of stayed the same. And here i was moaning about 3lbs the other day. I love 3lbs, 3lbs is my friend i want it back :(
Hopefully i will be back on here later all smiles :D If not i hope at least my LLC can explain it to me. xx

Hi Joy! I'm on Lite too and just wondered how you're getting on? I'm sure you haven't gained weight, remember your body is probably just adjusting to processing the new meal you've introducted to your day. You're still in negative equity in terms of calories your body needs to function, so there's no possibility of gaining weight if you're weighing out your portion of protein! Be great for us to share recipes - I'm on week 3 of LLL and find it fantastic. xxx

Hey Newme. Glad to see another LLL is around here somewhere lol
Yeah ive weighed everything out and if anything had less than what i was suposed to. I know if i haved gained it cant be fat...Maybe its something else like LadyT said just my body getting used to digesting this new food...Who knows. I will find out at about 8pm tonight...
Not really had much opertunity to make much yet. But had the Spicy Chicken on Skewers last night from the LLL Recipe book. If you havnt tried them yet i highly recomend they were lovely (although not spicy at all). Although i mixed up the spices a little as i didnt have all the ones it says on the recipe.
Really looking forward to seeing your progress. Your numbers are exactly what im looking for so i hope it works for me too :D

So I almost gave up today. I stayed the same and the biggest shock I'm out of ketosis!!! I've stuck to plan and I've never felt so low or upset it was a disaster. The weight I can make excuses for. Not drinking enough water, due on, possibly a little constipation, body getting used to having food again whatever. But not being in ketosis. I cried like an idiot at the scales. What the hell have I done wrong?? I'm scared to eat anything now and wanna get back on total. Somethings gone wrong somewhere. Gutted isn't close to how I'm feeling :(

Awww Marie!!!!! chill hun its ok! bless ur little cottons :( we all need to be prepared for this when you go to RTM..... ur body is adjusting. Im sorry ur feeling sad... xxxx

So I almost gave up today. I stayed the same and the biggest shock I'm out of ketosis!!! I've stuck to plan and I've never felt so low or upset it was a disaster. The weight I can make excuses for. Not drinking enough water, due on, possibly a little constipation, body getting used to having food again whatever. But not being in ketosis. I cried like an idiot at the scales. What the hell have I done wrong?? I'm scared to eat anything now and wanna get back on total. Somethings gone wrong somewhere. Gutted isn't close to how I'm feeling :(
Hunny!! What makes you so sure you are out of ketosis? Is it just because of the colour of the Ketoskix?! Because if so, there is a very interesting 'Sticky' in the main part of the LL Forum about Ketosis readings... worth reading! It says how your 'pee' won't always show pink, and there are various reasons why this is... many of them nothing to do with being out of ketosis... but more like due to our bodies becoming more efficient over time, at using the ketones, which results in less of them being surplus and pee'd out! So, don't worry sweetie... if you've followed the LLL plan to the letter, which you obviously have, then you will still be in ketosis! It's science! :D

As for the STS result... This even happens on Total, as you know, so don't feel resentful of being on Lite... you will reach goal... people lose very well on Lite, and you will too... stick with it! You're doing so great!

:) xx

Hey, I agree with the lovely Pinks & Gem, it will be your body radjusting to the intake of food.

Those naughty crooked thoughts kicking it and linking the STS to you having food, I think taking into consideration all of the other things nit enough water, totm etc I think its your bodies way of saying, Wow I have a lot going on at the moment and I am not sure what to do about it.

It will show next week I am sure!!

Keep smiling my lovely xx

Huni make sure you drink drink drink. It will take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust and it's purely water that you're holding onto.
Re ketosis. You are def still burning fat Hun. I know it's difficult but try not to rely on ketostix too much. It's not 100% accurate and in fact I read somewhere that our bodies can go in and out of ketosis several times a day but that doesn't mean you're not burning fat!
Keep your chin up chic and stay strong.
It'll be aaaall good!
:)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Awww Ladies
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. It means a lot.
Im not giving up i will continue but i would like to see results this week.
Ive made a detailed list of all the food i ate and im going in tomorrow to see my LLC to go threw it see if ive missunderstood anything and eaten something i shouldnt have. If i havnt made a mistake anywhere then clearly i must still be in Ketosis and there is another reason for the colour of the stick. Thanks for the info on the Sticky Pinkie i'm going to check that out.
Its just been a shock more than anything. At the weekend i was so happy with my progress and i really enjoyed shopping for my food and preparing it and meaasuring everything out and cooking it that i feel let down by all the preperation and effort and excitment of it. Total for me was simple. Guarenteed weight loss and always a nice colour on the stick. I know Lite provides the same experience and expectations so i am looking forward to those scales next week and seeing the results. Although a little daunting as well now.
Gem, Pinks, Lady T (still getting used to that haha) and Mags Thank you all again. I was feeling pretty down but your guys support has turned my 'Lighthouse' back on
Love you all :D

Gload you are feeling more positive chick, I have always been 100% and sometimes I dont show in ketosis, I have taken to not peeing on the stick any longer because it used to P me off!

Cant wait to here how you get on with Lite and the great losses you will have and most of all celebrating with you when you reach goal.

Keep smiling hunny xx

Oh hunny that must be frustrating. But your losing weight so you must be in ketosis your body is obviously just more effecient than others at using the Ketones :D

Well im in a much happier mood. I think it may be the sunshine but im feeling really possitive and excited all over again. Im popping in to see my LLC later on after work to see what the reasons could be why i was out of ketosis and hopefully may even be back in. Fingers crossed. Also as i only moved onto Lite due to previous commitments in April such as friends birthday, amsterdam, trip to see a friend i only see about once a year at easter and a friends Hen do to be able to limit damage. But im not gonna get to where i want to be quick enough.
This may be wrong but i know i wont be aloud to go back on Total in May. 1 because i dont think you can go back to total after your BMI is below 30 and 2 my mum has joined the class i was in. So a friend of mine who tried the diet and failed after 2 days has about 20 packs which she is going to sell to me. Im thinking i will just go back onto Total in May but stick to the LLL class and not tell my LLC. I cant see it causing my body any difficulties as i will literally just be going back to less calories. I need the disapline of Total to see me threw to the end.
Im also going to amend my Goal as when i started this i didnt really know what that was as ive never been small enough so i just put down my maximum weight to be in a healthy BMI which was 10st 10. So i have a stone to go to get there but im now thinking if im doing this and spending all this money and time and effort why not get to a mid way weigh which will be about 9st10lbs...I think this may be too small for me but if i aim for that then i can stop when i get to a weight i reach along the way.

Why settle for better then before when i can have the best i can be?

Hey Maire glad you feeling better!! x

Wow loving the positive attitude and the fact that you have a plan of action. You go girl! xx

Thanks Girlies. Feeling Really good. I just hope this feeling lasts even feeling so much better in myself. Ive dressed up for work got a few compliments got my heels on so head is held high and im walking proud :D

Ha ha I have noticed that I have been dressing up for work lately too. xx

Yeah i think once you are feeling better about yourself you start to make more effort in your aprearance which makes you feel even better and then you get compliments which makes you feel even better and makes you want to continue feeling good about yourself and how you look. Amazing. I wish i had loads of money to treat myself to nice clothes and new shoes. Even tho im wearing heels there are little worse for wear. Its a good circle a possitive outlook and its strange but true the better you feel about yourself the more others notice as well :D xxx

So I am obsessed with food programs. I could watch people make food all day.
Just a little update I am back in ketosis (does a little dance) if I was even out of it in the first place as I gave the list if food to my LLC and it was all food that was ok to eat. So it's a mystery why I didn't lose any weight this week but hey onwards and downwards fingers crossed :) at least I know it's nothing I did wrong.
So after watching chocywockydoodaa (yes it's a real program) and masterchef it's time for bed.
Hope everyone has had a wonderful and possitive and insightful day as I have :D x

I too find myself watching foody programmes, couldnt watch them in the beginning I am worried that they might give me the incentive to cook when I am back on solids lol I really dont like cooking and actually cant cook either, so the last thing I want it to spend time in the kitchen when I am slim, I suppose it has a flip side it will keep me out of the take aways lol

chocywockydoodaa - cracking name for a programme lol

Great news on the ketosis front, i think a decent loss is on its way for you at next WI x

Have a great day lovely xx

Thanks Lady T. I hope i do have a good weight loss. Even tho im on a high at the moment another bad week will knock me back big time.

Yeah if you have the good food channel chockywockydoodaa is on there lol every night mon-Fri. They make these really amazing cakes and its all made from chocolate. They sculp it into whatever design you want. They do the most amazing wedding cakes and even tho im no where near close to getting married (need to find a guy first haha) i know where i want to get my wedding cake lol although i wouldnt want to cut into it there a work of art.

Im not the best cook either but im enjoying it at the moment. Wish i was as good as these people on Masterchef tho. They all know just what works with what and how to make all these really nice looking food. I wish i knew how but too lazy to learn hehe im always going to be a follow the recipe girl.

Cant believe you only have 9lbs to go for you Easter Challenge thats AMAZING!! So close. I dont think im going to hit mine but im in this for the long haul now so im not too fussed.

SO excited for my class on Tuesday cant wait to get there. Fingers crossed i have a good result :D

Back