Extra Easy Marie's Food Diary

MarieDK

I really need to try and keep track of everything I am shoveling in, so I will try and keep up to date with my food diary.

Thursday 14/4

Breakfast

Small wholemeal roll (HEB) with ham, scrambled egg and mushrooms.

Lunch
Spanish Omelette (1 syn) with Salad. Recipe is on my Diary here https://www.minimins.com/threads/cooking-myself-slimmer.354414/#post-7902869

Dinner
Jacket potato with chilli con carne HEA of cheese and salad
(Note to self: Stop being a stuffer! I ate way too much of this, felt really uncomfortably full haha, mustn't just clear my plate)

Syns/snacks:
1 tablespoon ketchup 2 syns
Jelly 1.5 syns
Crispbread with teaspoon of peanut butter 4 syns
Oil used in Spanish omelette 1 syn
Total syns: 8.5 I was baking an order yesterday so I had 2 bites of cookie checking taste, so I didn't use any more syns as no idea how much those 2 bites would be (guessing about 4 syns, loads of butter in the cookies)

I know I haven't been drinking enough water, so I will try and keep track of that more this week.

Friday 15/4

Breakfast

Pineapple, Melon, Skyr and Bran Flakes (HEB)

Lunch
Spanish Omelette (1 syn) with Salad.

Dinner
Tortilla pizzas, with home made syn free pizza sauce, HEA mozzarella, Spicy chicken and red peppers, with salad. (a whopping 10 syns for the tortilla but worth it)

Syns/snacks:
1 tablespoon garlic mayo 2 syns
Oil used in Spanish omelette 1 syn
Tortilla 10 syns
Total syns: 13

Saturday 16/4

Brunch

Home made sausage patties on a small wholemeal roll with chees (HEX) with bacon medallions, egg, beans and tomatoes

Dinner
Spaghetti bolognese with salad

Syns/snacks:
1 cupcake - 13 syns
Total syns: 13

Managed to drink a bit more water today, regretted the cupcake a little, but the house is full of them, won't be doing that again.

Sunday 17/4

Breakfast

Pineapple, Melon, Skyr

Lunch
Small wholemeal roll (HeB) made into a kind of toasted pizza with mozzarella (HeA) and some ham.

Dinner
Chicken chow mein using the recipe from the Fakeaways book (it's absolutely enormous portions) 1.5 syns

Syns/snacks:
2 seeded crackers (4) with peanut butter (4.5)
Chow mein syns (1.5)
Total syns: 10

I'm not at all snacky in the evening (daytime I am awful), so getting my food diary done now. :)

Monday 18/4

Breakfast

Pineapple, Melon, Skyr

Lunch
Chicken Chow Mein (Fakeaways recipe)

Dinner
Home made beef burgers (HEX's of bread roll and cheese) with SW chips and salad.

Syns/snacks:
2 seeded crackers (4) with peanut butter (4.5)
Ketchup (2)
Mustard (1)
Total syns: 11.5

Things are really busy with work at the moment, so my meals are taking a bit of a turn towards the quick and easy. Hope I have a mo to do some "proper" cooking at the weekend. But I was really very happy yesterday with how things went (even though I forgot to eat a HeA - that never happens :oops:) Feeling very positive for the rest of the week now, hoping to get 2lbs off if I can. Here comes the standard whinge - I am Bloaty McBloatFace at the moment, so going to get some Kiwis and green tea today and see if that helps at all, and drink more water. (sorry for that haha)

Tuesday 19/4

Breakfast

Tinned tomatoes on toasted HeB roll (was large so it's a plus 7 syns)

Lunch
A pear and some skyr (was a late breakfast and just wasn't very hungry)

Dinner
Ham with eggs, beans and potato wedges done in the actifry. (2 syns for oil)

Syns/snacks: 9

After feeling so positive, went badly off track yesterday. Not an excuse as I should have planned better, my kitchen was out of bounds for everything but work related cooking, so I forgot to eat on time, result was just shovelling stuff into my face all the day long. How silly. I am glad I sat and worked out the syns I ate though, it's never as bad as you imagine it has been.

Wednesday 20/4

Breakfast

Eventually ate bran flakes and milk using HEX's (milk leftover)

Lunch
Oh look another bowl of cereal this time not using HEB but did use leftover milk (5 syns) banana, pear

Dinner
Chicken breast with salad and potatoes

Syns/snacks: my total syns for the day were 21

Busy but much better day overall. I had my weigh in today and am 2lbs off, so my one poor day didn't completely upset the cart which is really nice.

Thursday 21/4

Breakfast

Bacon, egg and baked beans with a wholemeal roll (Heb)

Lunch
Pear and skyr

Dinner
Frikadella (Danish meatballs) with potatoes and salad.

Syns/snacks:
Seeded crispbread with Hea of cheese (2)
Sauces/salad dressings with dinner - 8 (included full fat remoulade so that's why it's high)
Total: 10 syns

you're doing really well, will be here to follow your diary :) I think the Skyr yogs have syns don't they? Are they worth it? I've added some weight watchers yogs to my tesco basket as a change from muller lights but the Skyr ones look yummy so might give them a try.
Katie

Hi Katie and thank you :) I am not sure about my skyr, I am in Denmark and it's the same calorie/fat etc info as on my other previously free fromage frais so I haven't been counting it, especially as we get it in like a milk carton so I generally just have a dollop on top of my fruit. I was an online member but haven't re-joined yet so can't check it. Thanks so much for the heads up though I will rejoin and take a look :) I really like the skyr, I can't get muller lights here and it's a bit less sweet than most yoghurts which I like, I won't mind counting it rather than return to the watery fromage frais on offer here haha. Thanks again :)

Friday 22/4

Breakfast

2 pieces of fibre toast (HEB) with ham, egg and baked beans

Lunch
2 seeded crispbreads (4) with HEA of cheese, pineapple (another day with very little time for lunch, so had big breakfast and dinner instead)

Dinner
Spaghetti bolognese with salad

Syns/snacks:
1 tablespoon ketchup 2 syns
Crispbreads 4 syns
Total 6 syns

Just catching up! Hoping after this week I will have more time to try out some new recipes.

Saturday 23/4

Breakfast

2 pieces of fibre toast (HEB) with ham, egg and baked beans, fruit

Lunch
Leftover spaghetti bolognese with salad

Dinner
Tortilla pizza with HEA of cheese

Syns/snacks:
Tortilla 10 syns
Total 10 syns

Sunday 22/4

Breakfast

Bran flakes (HEB) with milk (HEA) and fruit

Lunch
Bolognese with salad

Dinner
Roast chicken with actifry roast potatoes, carrots, brocolli and 2 tbsp gravy

Syns/snacks:
2 small beers 14 syns
oil 1 syn
Total 15 syns

Monday 22/4

Breakfast

2 pieces of fibre toast (HEB) with marmite and cheese (HEA)

Lunch
Ham omlette

Dinner
Baked ham with jacket potato topped with natural fromage frais, salad and dressing

Syns/snacks:
Garlic dressing 2 syns
Ploughmans pickle 4 syns
Crispbread with peanut butter 4 syns
Total 10 syns

Busy day again, so just trying to get through to the end of the week at the moment :)

Tuesday 26/4

Breakfast

Fibre toast, marmite and cheese (using HEX's)

Lunch
Cornflakes and milk (9 syns) fruit

Dinner
Ham, jacket and salad (2 syns on dressing)

Total: 11 syns

Wednesday 27/4

Breakfast

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans (butter 2tsp, 4 syns; reduced fat grated mozarella cheese 3 syns) fruit

Dinner
Tuna (1 tbsp reduced fat mayo 2.5 syns), jacket and salad, honey mustard dressing 2 syns

Total: 11,5 syns

Thursday 28/4

Breakfast

Lunch
Spanish omelette (1 syn), cheddar cheese 30g (6 syns) a pear

Dinner
Chilli con carne and rice with salad, honey mustard dressing (2 syns)

Total: 9 syns

So glad that tomorrow I have a day to plan, it's been all a bit grab and go this week. Hoping to see a loss on the scales tomorrow :)

Hi Marie, just checking in :) How are you getting on? x

Hi Stacey! Thank you so much, all is well here, just not had much time and had trouble sleeping so everything has kind of hit a back burner. The diet is still on though, just 1lb this week but 2lbs last week, so it's slowly coming off :) How are things with you? Hope all is well :)

Marie

I will do yesterdays food while I am here:

Thursday 19/5

Breakfast

Fibre toast, ham and tomatoes (using HEB)

Lunch
Tuna salad Sandwich (10 syns)

Dinner
Chili and rice with salad (1 syn for dressing)

Snacks - Fruit and no added sugar jelly (1 syn)
Total: 12 syns

Hi Stacey! Thank you so much, all is well here, just not had much time and had trouble sleeping so everything has kind of hit a back burner. The diet is still on though, just 1lb this week but 2lbs last week, so it's slowly coming off :) How are things with you? Hope all is well :)

Marie

Glad to hear you're doing well, congrats on the losses, i appear to be a slow loser too :) i weigh in tomorrow morning so we'll see.

Friday 20/5

Breakfast

Omelette, ham and tomatoes

Lunch
Tuna salad (1 syn for low fat dressing)

Dinner
Chili dogs using HEb and HEa, dry fried onions, gerkins, mustard (1 syn), garlic sauce (2 syns) salad, actifry chips (1 syn) 2 small sausages (6 syns) beer (6 syns)

Total: 16 syns

Saturday 21/5

Breakfast

Sausage patty, egg, beans and HEB (1 syn for ketchup)

Lunch
Tomato pasta salad (1 syn for dressing)

Dinner
Chili and jacket with salad (1 syn for dressing) Cheddar HEA

Snacks - Crisps 5 syns, Licorice pipe 3 syns
Total: 11 syns

Marie your food sounds and looks yummy!! :)

Back