Mark's Diary!

Exam this week. Been busy revising.

In terms of weight loss. Past 3 weeks I have lost 1½lbs (½lbs/week).
I now weigh 15st ½ lb

I have thought about this and have concluded it could be due to all/combination of reasons:

1) 3 Weeks ago I had started strength training with my personal trainer so am increasing weight due to retained muscle mass.

2) I feel more comfortable with myself and body which has consequently led me eating more. More energy intake. 2228.43kcal/day ---> 2541.43kcal/day (+313kcal average daily).

3) I am working more and feel less inclined to go out for long (3 hour plus) walks. Less energy expended. 87.63km ---> 63.6km (-24.03km less in one week).

Actions under consideration to facilitate weight loss.

1) Concentrate on running/jogging - more energy expended in less time (more wastage efficiency).

2) Decrease energy intake. Aiming for 2,200kcal/day.

My first weigh in under 15st.

I now weigh 14 st 13¾ lbs.

¾ lb loss this week
2,390kcal = average daily energy consumption this week
2,744kcal = average daily energy consumption last week
- 354kcal = difference

34.58km = recorded distance this week
67.08km = recorded distance last week
-32.50km = difference

Your plan sounds great and good luck with the exams! x

Exam went well. Last one left next month!

Last week

1 ¾ lbs loss

This week's weigh-in
14 st. 8½ lbs.

3 ½ lbs loss this week!

2,428kcal =average daily consumption this week
2,498kcal = average daily consumption last week
-70kcal = difference

54.95km = recorded distance this week
34.43km = recorded distance last week
+20.52km = difference

That's incredible Mark! I can't wait to be where you are now. You should be really proud of yourself mate :)

Thanks. Waiting will get you no where mate - it's action and consistency is what will get you the results you deserve :) I wish you well on your journey.

I got it in my head I should be 13 st 7 lbs and I don't think I can stop until I reach that goal. People have been saying how great I look etc and that I don't need to lose any more weight. They actually called me "thin" the other day - something I once thought impossible. I honestly don't think I will feel completely finished until my BMI is officially 25 and registered in the doctor's office.

You are doing fab!

TYVM!

Another week. Another loss.

-1 lb

2,790kcal - average energy consumption this week
2,428kcal* - average energy consumption last week
+362kcal - difference

42.4km - recorded distance this week
54.95km - recorded distance last week
-12.55km - difference

* = some meals I have estimated since eating out // inaccurate

More food, less exercise = less loss.

The last 2 stone have been hard to shift, indeed.

Hi Mark! Hope you don’t mind, I’ve just read through your diary and couldn’t leave without saying what amazing progress you’ve made! Like yourself and others here, I’ve always had confidence and anxiety issues so can relate to a lot of what you’re facing and it’s incredible to see the journey you’ve gone through and how far you’ve travelled! You should be really proud of yourself, keep it up! :)

Well done Mark! You're doing great! xx

Hey thank you very much.

Hi Mark! Hope you don’t mind, I’ve just read through your diary and couldn’t leave without saying what amazing progress you’ve made! Like yourself and others here, I’ve always had confidence and anxiety issues so can relate to a lot of what you’re facing and it’s incredible to see the journey you’ve gone through and how far you’ve travelled! You should be really proud of yourself, keep it up! :)

Of course I don't mind! I'm really pleased you said something. Makes writing worth my effort when others take time to read it.

Thank you very much. I am almost at target weight and I feel good about myself. Something which I have to be honest never felt before in a very very long time.

- ¾ lb

I've changed the way I record calories. I now net them off. I.e. calories in - calories out = net.

1,803kcal - last week's average net energy consumption
2,189kcal - this week's average net energy consumption
+ 386kcal - difference

12 ¼ lbs to go.

Forgot to mention last week was the target date I had in mind to be 13 st. 7 lbs.
Target was missed by 13 lbs.

Some statistics for last week to co-inside with target date:

Weight-loss to date (14/12/2016): 112 lbs
Weeks: 45
Average loss: 2.49 lbs per week
Remaining weight to lose: 13 lbs
Revised target date: Wednesday, 15th February 2017.

Last edited:
Take a pic of your pizza for us please ;) xx

It is nothing special only Chicago Town Stuffed Crust Four Cheese Melt. I consumed about 4,000 kcal on Christmas Day and about 3,000 kcal on Boxing day.

Well pleased to say as of yesterday I now weigh the same as last Wednesday (recorded weigh-ins). So technically haven't lost nor gained.

Looks like my jogging on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day paid off.

Just caught up - well done!

Thank you very much. Not long left now. I aim to reach target weight mid-February. Not without its struggles.

Wow what a journey you've had! and you ARE doing it this time, massive congrats to you. I can imagine with all the new confidence you are gaining there will be a whole load of new doors opening for you this year:stickdance:!

Lost another 3 ¼ lbs this week.

I've got 4lbs to target weight. 2lbs for a BMI of 25. So it's possible to do this. I will do this.

Well done Mark!! You're doing so, so, so well and inspiring others :D Your perseverance is astounding x

Thank you so much Minerva.

Persistence, perseverance & patience. The three P's to life.

Wow what a journey you've had! and you ARE doing it this time, massive congrats to you. I can imagine with all the new confidence you are gaining there will be a whole load of new doors opening for you this year:stickdance:!

I can't wait... to shift this weight ;) and move on to another goal. What I've learnt this past year: don't wait around for change. If YOU want to change then you have to MAKE the changes. It requires the three P's. You WILL become a better person.

Mark you're doing so well!

Thanks Loz! :D

Back