Massive rant because I am totally cheesed off (sorry!!!)

Gem,

I can sympathise with SS, i couldnt do SS as NEED food element in my diet do i do SS+ have you thought about that?
x

yeah i think i will try SS+ because like i said, the evenings are my downfall. having a small legitimate meal in the evenings will give me something to look forward to and hopefully teach me some discipline! x

Hi Gem,

Don't let your so-called "friends" get you down, in my experience it's jealousy on their part - they look at you and see that you're making huge leaps in your life, both physically and with going off to uni, and it makes them realise how restrictive their own lives are. The easiest way to make themselves feel better is to try to ignore everything you've achieved, which is why they make you feel like the outsider. My question is, do you really want to be like them? Rhetorical question really, as I know the answer from your previous posts is a great big NO! :D

As for your OH. Maybe it's time to use a bit of psychology on him and help yourself in the process. You say that you can't stick to SS and are thinking of moving up to 810 or 1000. Why don't you start making healthy meals for the both of you, and persuade him that he's only doing it to help you achieve your goal? Sneaky I know ;) That way you get the support you need, and your OH gets the esteem boost by thinking that he's being your rock (which he sounds as though he is btw).

Let us know how you get on hun.

I don't have anything to add except :hug99:

xx

thanks Vicki, great advice, and i will definitely try that out on him...will give ss+ a go first though and see how i get on. once i get to 15st i might work up to 810 and carry on with that. i still want the optimum weightloss you see.

thanks for the hug Toots! x

When I originally lost all the weight, I was getting a lot of male attention and I changed as a person. I was really playing up to that attention and it caused a huge rift between me and my partner. I became unhappy and started to eat. As I put the weight back on, things with my partner got better because I wasn't getting the attention. I feel like now perhaps I am sub-consciously self-sabotaging so that things with my OH stay good. Does that make sense???
:sign0163:

That happened to me too with my ex husband. I'd been big ever since my late teens, after I had my daughter in 1996 I finally managed to do something about my weight, and lost 5 stone to get down to 11 1/2 stone and a size 12/14, blimy did I feel great! But my ex hubby (who had insecurity issues anyway) hated it. He wouldn't let me out, wouldn't let me have friends round and basically wouldn't let me have a life because he was scared I'd leave him. In the end the one thing he dreaded happening did, I had enough, but only after I put most of the weight back on. The guy I'm with now is very supportive, and deep down I think he loves the attention I get, makes him feel proud but then he is a very secure person. Really it's a shame we do this because it makes us more confident which can be very sexy, but it's aimed at our partners, if only they wern't so silly and could see that!

Keep going hunnie, keep telling him how much you love him and hopefully things will be better (and you slimmer!) Well done for how you've done so far! xx

Okies I feel a prat now.....should've read the whole thread before I replied to your first post! Sorry! x

No don't feel silly! That was really useful advice that you gave me!!!

It's nice to know that other people have got through the same problems that I have x

Hiya Gem
I've started on SS+ after 7 weeks on SS and i would recommend it to everyone. I felt as if my social life was suffering and it's great just eating something again!!

You'll be fine in Uni (are you going to Swansea Uni or Swansea Met?) - you are older and wiser than the first time you went to Uni and you need to chill and enjoy!!

Take care sweetie,
Lynne
x

Hi LV30,

I am going to Swansea Uni. I'm so excited but totally bricking it!!! Only 9 weeks until the start of term. 9 weeks today in fact!!! Argh! Got 9 weeks to lose 2st 8lbs. I can do that! I lost 2st 6lbs in 6 weeks before so fingers crossed I will smash my mini target!

I will definitely give SS+ a try. I am going to SS for as long as I can until I start wanting to eat and then I will move to SS+

thanks magrijade,

shame you are so far away and thank you for the compliments :)

please don't get disheartened! we are all in this together! x

Just wanted to send you some hugs, it is such a hard thing to do, I think most people on Cambridge feel like quitting at some point especially if you have other issues in your life as well ie moving house etc.

Don't beat yourself up, you have lost the weight before and will do it again. Take one day at a time and soon the weeks will have passed.

Good luck with your journey.
xx

Hi Gem

I work in the Marketing Dept in Swansea Uni!! You probably read the prospectus that i work on!

What are you going to study?

It's great here in Swansea! Opposite the beach and the campus is located in the park. I love working here! lol

I'm pretty sure you'll get to your goal by then. It's so achievable!

Lynne
x

Wow small world LV30!!!

I'm studying Egyptology-I really can't wait!!! It's all happened so fast though! I applied on June 15th, had an interview on 7th July and was accepted on 9th July! x

you should say to the nasty people 'well, i can lose weight, you will always be ugly!'

That's brilliant! We have a great classics department and the Egypt Centre is really good. You'll love it here!

Lx

yeah i visited the egypt centre last year and it was wicked! i have wanted to study egyptology since i was a kid but didn't think i could make a career out of it. decided what the hell and went for it anyway! x

Good for you!! Life is too short to think "what if"! You'll make loads of friends here - it's a great campus uni - everything you need is in one place.

We can always meet up for a coffee (black ... obviously!) when you arrive!

Lx

Back