Matcha Green Tea powder (ceremonial grade) & weight loss??

2260San

Hi I've just started drinking matcha green tea. Its expensive, but better than the usual green tea in bags. Has anyone found they have lost weight using this? I will still buy it regardless as its extremely good for you, but just wondered what people thought. Thanks xx

Hii,

I used to have tea pigs matcha green tea. I didnt notice a loss but felt great for taking it!!! X

Why the expensive matcha and not just ordinary green? What are the extra benefits from the bog standard stuff?

I converted to green tea a couple of months ago. I was a confirmed "builders tea" girl, morning noon and night. Surprised myself actually.... I'd just read about the benefits of green and decided to try it. Bought a box from Holland and Barrett, tried a cup, thought "that'll do nicely" and stopped taking milk - just like that. Can't say that I've missed it either.

Why the expensive matcha and not just ordinary green? What are the extra benefits from the bog standard stuff?

I converted to green tea a couple of months ago. I was a confirmed "builders tea" girl, morning noon and night. Surprised myself actually.... I'd just read about the benefits of green and decided to try it. Bought a box from Holland and Barrett, tried a cup, thought "that'll do nicely" and stopped taking milk - just like that. Can't say that I've missed it either.

There are many more benefits in match green tea. There are so many I can't remember off hand, and because you actually digest the leaf rather than just steep it and throw away the benefits are more potent. It's a powder not a tea bag. Probs best to google it. Go on to tea pigs website they explain on their xx

Re: Matcha Green Tea powder (ceremonial grade) & weight loss??

Careful I was drinking powder tea and it was high in syns x

Re: Matcha Green Tea powder (ceremonial grade) & weight loss??

I was drinking powder teas flavours from whittards it was about 10 syn a cup. You would think green tea wud be ok tho xx

Whittards instant teas have sugar as the first ingredient on the list (unless they specifically say they are low-calorie). Which means they are more sugar than anything else! In fact the ones I have looked at online have less than 2% tea in them.

So basically they are just vaguely tea-flavoured sugar, and that's why they have so many syns.

The matcha green tea which 2260san is drinking is 100% tea leaves, which have been powdered. No sugar or other additives. So it is free.

I was curious to know why it is called "ceremonial". It seems that it is because that is the tea traditionally used in Japanese tea ceremonies.

The ceremonial grade is made from the top six leaves of the tea plant, the ordinary grade is made from the rest of the plant.

I love learning new and useless bits of information !!!!

I think I have seen it in Tesco. It's not on the Waitrose website, although I thought I had seen it there. I think Holland and Barrett do it.

Probably easiest to Google to find distributors, then check their websites to find a stockist local to you.

One of the best aces to buy it is Teapigs website. They also sell it on eBay but not sure it would be such a high grade xx

I think I have seen it in Tesco. It's not on the Waitrose website, although I thought I had seen it there. I think Holland and Barrett do it.

Probably easiest to Google to find distributors, then check their websites to find a stockist local to you.

I'd be very surprised if they sold it in Tesco as its quite expensive for tea ! Xx

Don't think it's the ceremonial grade. Just the basic one using the lower leaves. It doesn't say, so could be wrong, if I am wrong, ill be buying it lol x

Back