Max weight before dr authorisation??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Ajax, 18 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    What is the maximum weight before someone can join CD before having to get a Dr's signature/approval?!

Can someone become a CD if they are not at target BMI but have lost a substantial amount of weight doing CD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    In general it's counsellors discression at what weight they need a Dr's signature. I personally would take other things into account, any meds, general health etc.

I assume you didn't mean, can someone become a Cambridge Diet...If you want to become a CDC you have to have a BMI of 28 or less before you can do the training. I think thats right.....the did change it......:confused:

4. Ajax

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    LOL i did mean become a CDC not a CD oops!! :)

Thanks for the reply Nicole!

5. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hee hee....I would become a chocolate orange bar if I could...I'd taste sooo yummy.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I got the BMI number wrong....it used to be 30 a year or so again but they changed it well before I trained, but March what when I applied....seems to long ago.......

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I believe your BMI needs to be 28 or below in order to qualify :)

7. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am a genius!!! Who needs to write a dissertation and do presentations......well me.....but I'm a genius!! I don't know how I keep all this random info in my head....you have probably noticed I'm rambling have been working on the same presentation for 11 hours now....going a bit mad......:p:p:p

8. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Hi Angela,from what i can remeber that Cd have now said if your Bmi is over 40 u need doc`s permission.
    I think it was Linda Cdc who told me that.Maybe u could pm her and she would def be able to tell u.
    Hope this helps u, take care xx

9. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I started CD I was BMI 44 or above but my cdc only weighed me did not calculate my BMI so i guess its individual things

10. Dear All,

Yes thats correct that you have to have a BMI of 28 or under to be a CDC.

With regards to the BMI of clients, if they have a BMI of 40 or over then a doctors signature is required.

Many thanks,
    Kerensa
    PR Exec - Cambridge Health & Weight Plan

11. Ajax

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks All :)

Helps a lot!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.