Maximum carbs for ketosis

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
Is there a magical limit, and once you pass it you are out? I found myself out again this week and it seemed for no apparent reason. Although I did have a few dollops of sea food sauce without checking the jar label!

I'm not sure to be honest TT, I know I was in ketosis during induction so that would be 20 a day I didn't feel I was in ketosis during oWL but I was still losing the weight, just slower. I suspect we will all vary.

That's a very hard question, i keep slipping out of ketosis but think it's through a few things really and you're still losing weight and burning fat even when not in it, it just helps with the cravings I think.

When i was on CD i was having 4 packs a day and there was about 14g of carbs in each one! Didn't realise they were so high until doing atkins. So about 56g's a day and i was always in it!

Do you exercise a lot AM? Since I got my stix I've almost never been in the pink, and when I am it's only the palest of the pale. That's including during last week when I lost 3.8lbs. I can only imagine that I sweat out my ketones instead of, well, the other thing...

I swim a fair amount a few times a week, but then pretty much always have! I think it was the seafood sauce.

I've read that you can sweat out the ketones but also if you drink a lot then your urine is diluted, so perhaps that is the cause x

Yep, you're damn right there Penny! I've had occasions when i've been super good eating wise n then hit the gym big time n been really good at drinking the water n the stix showed me as borderline ketosis... then i've had a few times when i've been a bit naughty and pushed the boundaries eating wise yet not exercised or much water and it's showed me well into ketosis.. i think hydration plays a big part in it. I just go by how i feel most the time now as you can usually tell when you're in/out of it. Shame there's no magic ball to know that by eating x/y/z it'll kick you out of it etc.. lol.

Any consulation, I never had a pink result on the stix. Tried three 'tubs' of them!

Ketosis happens in the blood and only shows on the stix if there is an overflow into the urine. This happens for most people. I must be weird :D

As for the amount of carbs to stay in ketosis, it really depends from person to person.

Most people are in some state of ketosis on anything under 100g (though don't risk anything on your set diet to prove this!) :D...but since you asked :D

To be sure you don't go into ketosis, you should have approx 115g+ of carbs.

I do hate being in ketosis, so used to use that guideline when I was counting at the beginning of maintenance with my diet.

Interesting KD, how come you don't like Ketosis (seems funny seeing you here, how's it going in Cambridge - bloody good diet, I'd do it again if I had the dough)

Interesting KD, how come you don't like Ketosis (seems funny seeing you here,

LOL. I'm a Super Mod. I get to moderate all the forums on minimins, so read most of each section, LL, LT, SW, Chit chat, maintenance...you name it :D. Probably reply more in the CD forum at the mo though.

how's it going in Cambridge -
They appear to be doing fine. I think ;)

Ketosis was okay. Loved the reduced hunger and cravings. Did feel tired though. I get energetic and euphoric with carbs :D

Do you exercise a lot AM? Since I got my stix I've almost never been in the pink, and when I am it's only the palest of the pale. That's including during last week when I lost 3.8lbs. I can only imagine that I sweat out my ketones instead of, well, the other thing...

Apparently the palest of pink is the best you can be, I used to believe like a lot of people do that the darker the better but from reading a little I found out that all that means is that you are not drinking enough water. These days however I don't bother wasting my money on stix as I really don't think it matters that much, as long as you are following the basic rules of the diet then you will lose weight.

Well done hellraiser, that is a big difference there!

Look at your face, your double chin has all gone!

Back