Maximum Density Achieved

Arzt

Hello everyone I'm a new member, never joined a group like this before, any support is greatly appreciated. I'm about to begin the Slimming World Extra Easy plan and I'll be flying solo for a bit.

Some background...
Two years ago I found myself in a hospital bed in the midst of a Hypertension Crisis. Nearly three days I laid there watching nurse after nurse take my blood, administer drugs and help me pee. X-rays, CT Scans and Ultrasounds told the story of my lifelong unchecked High Blood Pressure and the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy it had caused. My cholesterol was out of whack. My Potassium level was too low. I weighed in at 24 stone. I was sick, overweight, and depressed.

I spent the following months making a plan to lose weight, reverse the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, and keep my blood pressure in check. The doctors put me on a cocktail of Lisinopril, Hydralazine, Amlodipine, and Spironolactone.

In the end all of my plans failed. I lost 1.5 stone in 4 months then put in all back on over the next year. The medications dropped my Hypertension into the 140s/90s and then stalled out. My cholesterol and Potassium corrected, so not a total fail. As an added bonus to my quest for getting better, I also felt like crap all the time due to the medications. I suffered from headaches, rashes, feeling tired, muscle fatigue, dizziness, palpitations, high heart rate and a decreased desire for sex.

So here I am.

Hi Artz, I clicked "like" but really don't like all the c*ap you seem to have gone through lately. But you have made a plan and hopefully being here will support you through it. I have high cholesterol too and am supposed to take medication for it, but for some reason I stopped (I hate taking meds). So I got a call from Doctor to say he wants to see me within next 3 months to check it so that made me firmly decided to tackle my weight and lifestyle and see if I can lower cholesterol myself before he sees me.
You have given yourself very good reasons for wanting to lose weight and I really hope slimming world works for you, you deserve a break.

Ok, I love your thread topic, Maximum Density Achieved. It really shows visions of weight loss only from now.

Back