Max's 2013 diary - this is going to be the year!

max30

So I've decided that posting on here every day is the best way for me to try and stay on track. I've always kept a diary, which in all fairness generally consists of 'Oh my god I'm so fat and hideous' so why not start the new year trying to be positive?

I'd love to blame work, health, life etc for my weight but the truth is I eat too much and don't exercise enough. I'm tall (5ft 9) and weigh about 18 stone, compared to 13 just 6 years ago. I always swore I wouldn't be fat at 30, but I'm now 30 and guess what> I'm still fat!

I can't do this anymore. I'm due to be fitted with a 24 hr heart monitor in a couple of weeks as I ended up in A&E with chest pain and heart palpitations in November, it can't be a coincidence that this comes as I hit the biggest I've ever been. I'm hoping that losing weight will ease the pressure on my heart and I can start feeling normal again. I'm single as I can't bear the thought of anyone touching me, and I can't believe that anyone would find me attractive. I make excuses not to see friends as I don't want them to see me looking like this and yet I try to eat all the pain away.

Seeing this in black and white has really hit home to me how much I've been in denial for so many years. I don't want to be this way anymore. I can't be this way anymore. I look in the mirror and I don't even recognise myself and I hate it.

I'm going to rejoin Monday morning (NYE) and then take it one day at a time, and one week at a time. In the meantime I'll be posting on here and any suggestions/comments/advice will be greatfully received.

I can do this!!!!!!!

Max

hi... i just wanted to say good luck with your weight loss journey, i too have always kept a diary which has consisted of me being so down and generally very negative.
i have a new saying... think positive and positive things will happen xx

Thank you, definitely a good saying! I have half heatedly tried to lose weight before but this time it feels different. I am so tired of feeling this low and so ready for a change!

Good Luck Max - Minis will definitely help you with all the support you need - there are some fab threads on here with recipes and ideas if you cook for yourself, also some amazing personal stories and photos just to show it can be done. Losing can only benefit your health and your self esteem - so look forward not back. I hope all goes well for you

Thank you, it's definitely about getting organised for me- got my shopping list all ready for tomorrow and really looking forward to getting started on Monday!

Just remember your Superfree and Free foods - Lots of veggies and lean meats eat till satisfied, vary your meals and you will be fine

Well rejoined today, 17st 11.5. I could have cried, I cannot believe I have let myself get this way. Went straight to asda and did my food shop, made a really nice risotto for dinner, and measured out my vodka for ringing in the new year. I'm determined that is the last time I see that weight!!

Well rejoined today, 17st 11.5. I could have cried, I cannot believe I have let myself get this way. Went straight to asda and did my food shop, made a really nice risotto for dinner, and measured out my vodka for ringing in the new year. I'm determined that is the last time I see that weight!!

Best of luck Max!
You'll do great :), I need to lose 2 stone and never being on slimming world wanted to give it a go, unfortunately my next session is Wednesday not to long.. Not sure what to expect as was on a VLCD and was ill and kept fainting not good and £58 a week worse off. Anyway back on the trail I go.. I too need support and minimins seems a bunch of fab people!

Best of luck with your weight loss :)
All the best
Scott

Thank you all for your kind words! Scott - I've switched from VLCD to SW before and actually lost my first week despite eating lots of food, hopefully you'll be fine :)

Up early this morning, no hangover thank God and prepping today's meals - red day today

smoked salmon, scrambled egg and tinned tomatoes with 2 slices Nimble for breakfast (1xb and some of my HEA)
Homemade quiche for lunch with eggs, cottage cheese, ham, tomatoes, leeks and a HEA of cheese on top
Snack of grapes, raspberries and apple
Steak with baby new pots (HEB) and cabbage with homemade pepper sauce for dinner (fromage frais, peppercorns, onion, stock and lea and perrins)

Syns: jelly 0.5, ketchup 1 syn (need to find some more syns somewhere...)

If anyone sees anything glaringly wrong with this plan please let me know! :)

Good luck and yes you CAN do it!
I started my journey on february 7th last year at 17st.2.1/2lbs
5.5st [nearly] later I can see my target in sight.

Wow youre a real inspiration you've done so well! Thank you! :) xx

well done .for wonting to sort your weight and heath out .as only you know how ill you can feel.and loosing the weight .will make you feel a lot better.just take a day at a time .try a new meal .now and then .so you dont get bored .and enjoy life .

3lb off in week 2, 6lb total! Hoping to get my half stone next week!

Well done max keep it up! Your getting fantastic results :) how you finding it so far? Xxx

Thank you both!! Finding it ok so far, been doing it off and on for so many years it's kind of second nature now...with me it's all about getting into.the right head space as I'm a bit of a binge eater. But so far so good!

Back