May 2011 Starters!

Hi all

I am on day one today and have just had my first food pack (vanilla). Stangely I was nervous making it up as I didn't want to make a mistake! It tastes much better than I had imagined which is a huge relief. I have my bottle of water next to my computer and I am taking sips every now and then. So far so good. :)

Good luck on your journey Sam and welcome!
Sexy xx:):)

Last edited:
mandie35 said:
Hi all

I started LL on Tuesday morning and am just beginning day 3.

Found the evenings the worst because i seem to get such a bad headache and fell like i am looking through a tunnel if that makes any sense.

Feeling very positive tho and reading all the support on here is great. I think it can seem quite daunting to think about the weeks ahead and think thats what drove me mad on the first day in particular.

I have decided i am going to concentrate at just getting through each day because otherwise i know it would just make me give up. I would like to lose about 3.5 stone.

Would love to hear from anybody. thanks

Mandxx

Hi mandie good luck and welcome,you can do this just stay focused Hun!
Sexy xx

Hi all, Well I finally had my first meeting last night and had my first pack this morning - 'porridge'. It doesn't taste like any porridge I've ever had before but then it did fill me up so I'm pleased with that. Am now at work with my water and pedometer, excited to be started. I'm already looking forward to my first weigh in next week! (It's weird to be so excited about being on a diet!) Anyway, I'd best go get on with some work. Possum, hope your meeting last night went well too, and good luck to all the other newbies just starting out.

First Day

Hi!

onefineday I've had my first pack too! It'll be great to hear how you are doing!

I was actually surprised how nice the porridge it is and am still happy after 4 hrs. I was going to start at the weekend but when my LLC asked me why, I thought "because I want to have Friday Night drinks" was a silly answer!!

My first session was great, all the ladies were really welcoming and gave me some great advice.

My predominant thought at the moment is "hooray! you've actually decided to do something positive" so I hope that lasts!

I am going to have some me-time tonight instead of going out with friends, I think it might take me a few weeks not to miss the booze so I'm going to avoid it until I feel better about it!

Feel like I'm taking the first step to a healthier, thinner, more positive me and so glad to have the advice and support of all you ladies!

Woo!

xXx

Thanks, onefineday :) Meeting was good.

Good luck to everyone starting today/this week. Go us! :D :D :D

I had a shake this morning, was OK. Going to try the porridge tonight.

Good luck and welcome all you May starters,it will be so worth it!
Sexy xx

Hi guys
How's it going?
Nearly the end of day2...
yesterday was fine until about 7 then I felt really sick and then didn't want to eat fourth pack. Have felt pretty queasy all day and very sorry for myself!! No headaches yet and I don't feel hungry which really surprised me!
I'm hoping it gets easier!
Hope ur all doing well
Tale care
Xxxxxx

Hi flertibertie

Im on day 5 today. Feeling up and down, sometimes i feel fine and reallt happy and then at others i feel really low as if i cant doit.

Cant say that i am hungry but finding myself thinking too far ahead rather than one day at a time. I think its more of a mental hunger !!

Got up this morning and felt really down and dizzy. Not even been out of the house today because just couldnt be bothered. Ended up going to my mums this evening and have come back feeling tons better and positive again. Its a very strange place to be because feel like im on a rollercoaster of different emotions hour by hour.

I just keep thinking of all the inspirational stories i read on here and think surely i can do it because so many people have. My LLC phoned me yesterday and said i had done so well to get to day four whic really spurred me on. I really have been 100 percent since tuesday morning and am hoping for a good first week loss.

I totally agree with the feeling sorry for yourself because im feeling the same at times. Its so hard and yet so easy as far as the physical hunger goes. if im honest i dont know why im struggling cause im not really hungry.

Anyway just wanted to wish you well and keep going and hopefully it will get easier as the days roll on.

Mandie

Hi mandie

I think you summed up exactly how I feel! I'm absolutely not hungry physically but my head is a little confused!!! I woke up today feeling a lot better and looking forward to porridge whereas yesterday I couldn't stomach the thought.

We must keep going though I keep focusing on the dress I'm going to be wearing to the Christmas party to get me through (and maybe a sneaky wedding dress pops in from time to time!!)

Right off to have my porridge speak soon xxx

I can totally relate to you both! I'm finding this both the easiest and the hardest diet as I can't believe i'm not hungry and the foodpacks aren't too bad and easy to make etc - I think the porridge is my favourite, I make it quite liquid, put it in a cup and drink it lol

Its dealing with the urges and cravings I'm finding hard! REALLY wanted a takeaway last night but just had a ice cold sparkling water and hot bath instead, trying not to think about roast dinner today!! Hoping you stop missing certain foods the longer you go without them?? :cross:

I've just spent a fortune having mani,pedi, massage to cheer myself up...and it worked woo!!!

Well done for not giving in to the takeaway craving, it'll be so worth it at the end!!! My group said that first 1-3 weeks is the worst but that it does become normal!

Best thing I've discovered is using an electric hand mixer as I hate lumps that's made it all a lot nicer!!

X x

Hi all.

Im starting LLT on wednesday as my doctor wont sigb the form so ive got to head over to the superdrug in warrington.

I weigh 25 stone and want to get down to 9. I've set myself a target of 18 months. Jeeezzz 18 montha of NO food lol.

This is my second attempt at LL. I did it 5 years a go when i was just 18 and i couldnt stomach the taste of the vits and mins in the powders.

So heres to a new start! To shopping in normal shops, wearing vests and shorts in the summer and to dating guys who arent chubby chasers!!

Good luck all. Im proud to be sharing this with you all

Xxx

Welcome and Good luck MissDiet!! :):)

Big shame about the GP refusal. :(:(

I think you would benefit from setting some mini goals. Looking at the bigger picture is fantastic, but having something closer to aim for first is really useful too.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Hi and thanks.

Yea i defo need too! Im hoping for atleast a stone a month. And i know in Jan i want to get a sexy little sports car and be comfy in it lol.

Cant wait till Wed :)

X

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like we are all off to a good start - a few ups and downs obviously but that's only to be expected. I found myself dreaming about food the other night and woke up convinced I'd eaten something and felt really bad. It took a few minutes before I realised it was only a dream!

Well, I'm now on Day 4 and doing OK. Yesterday was probably the hardest for me as I felt really lethargic and had a headache most of the day. Luckily it was Sunday and I didn't have much to do. By bedtime I was fine again, and I'm OK again this morning too. I'm relly chuffed I've not been hungry since I started this - thought I'd be starving all the time but I'm actually OK. Most of the packs are actually quite nice too. The only one I've struggled with so far is the bananna, but then I tried it last night with some coffee in it and it was lovely! If you'd told me a few days ago I'd be enjoying bananna coffee I'd have laughed!

Anyway, Miss Diet, good luck with the form on Wednesday! Flirtibertie, your mani, pedi, massage sounds wonderful! Might have to treat myself too before long :) And to everyone else, well done on getting this far and here's to all our continued success! :D

Hey guys...today is 9 May and my first day on LLL

Hiya everyone,
Day one and two shakes down! So far not all that hungry although this was my biggest worry!
Its nice to have this forum as I feel less alone! Sitting in the office smelling people's lunches and I'm sat here sipping a shake, its good to know I am not the only person!

I am not sure about having my one meal though, think I may have one of my protein shakes as my 4th food pack as I am really worried about lack of self-control on day one!!!

Good luck everyone...we can do it!
;)

Hello can i jump onboard the may starters club?

Hi
I am new to these boards and starting this wed (11th) starting to feel butterflys too and all those stupid negative thoughts about myself and diets, i know ll is a very special and tough experience but to meet the real person inside is like no other feeling,, as u can guess i lost 6 stone with ll once and want to do it again and keep it off this time, it would be lovely to have some help and support from you guys and hopefully i can help you too.:wavey:

Hi there all and thanks to 'Size 16 will do' for starting this thread!

I'm Nicola and i started on Thursday last week (5th May) - gosh not taking the mickey of AA group but it sounds like thats where i am introducing myself like that! LOL

I have over four stone to lose and have used this site in past few days to keep me motivated! Look forward to chatting and hearing the success stories but also to be there for the times that it isn't so great!

Hello to all the new May starters on the thread :) Glad to hear everyone's doing well!

Back