MBT trainers

What do we think of MBT trainers?

• Fabulous - have changed my life

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Comfy - but no noticable difference to other shoes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a load of old croc - go to shoe express!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Shadaca

Silver Member
Are they worth it and what are your experiences of them?

I love my MBTs so far, but i havent worn them enough to say they have changed my life! So i wont vote, as the category isnt there!

I tried to add one for you - but I can't!
Sorry hun.

I'm getting the feeling that I should get some. I had a stupid foot injury and I still have to wear a stupid inflatable foot and it is just not cool.

Do they take time to get used to them?

Looking into the next step!
(So far I can do crocs! - and highly innapropriate shoes - so we won't talk about them!)

I tried to add one for you - but I can't!
Sorry hun.

I'm getting the feeling that I should get some. I had a stupid foot injury and I still have to wear a stupid inflatable foot and it is just not cool.

Do they take time to get used to them?

Looking into the next step!
(So far I can do crocs! - and highly innapropriate shoes - so we won't talk about them!)

No probs!

What is the problem with your foot?

I broke my 4th metatarsal and instead of going to hospital I went on tour for 3 months.

Have you been to see a chiropodist/podiatrist? The reason i ask is that MBTs may not be the way to go for you, as amongst professionals, the jury is still out on these trainers. See these threads on Podiatry Arena, which all mention MBTs.

Podiatry Arena

Absolutely - I'm under full medical supervision. They suggested it - but I want to get the lowdown before I spend a fortune on them.

Great! Glad you are being advised! If your clinician recommends them, then go for it. I find them comfortable but unstable, but thats the whole point! The muscles have to strengthen and work hard to keep the foot stable.

That's probably why then - I guess alot of my foot is made of custard these days.

They just cost so much I want to know if they are fabulous or not!

(basically do I buy a pair - or use the money to buy some stunner heels for the wedding in october!)

I started wearing MBTs about 3years ago - they are the best and worth every penny.
They do take a bit of getting used to. You should only wear them for a short time (half an hour) at the start and build up the time you wear them.
At the start I found it difficult walking downstairs in them, also they are not good for cobblestones or uneven surfaces. Great for walking on pavements though. The most comfortable shoe ever!!!

(basically do I buy a pair - or use the money to buy some stunner heels for the wedding in october!)

Definately the MBTs! By the sounds of it, the heels are the last thing your feet need!

BTW, dont buy MBTs on ebay, you need to be fitted properly. If they arent the right size they dont work as effectively.

So... These shoes are obviously made of marmite!

I think I'm going to try them on somewhere - and see if I like them, can get feet in them, walk etc.

Thanks - I'll look into those aswell!

Back