McDonalds Oatso Simple

whoopidoo

Went in the dreaded place today and OH had his usual Egg & Sausage McMuffin brekkie but I resisted and had an Oatso Simple with a sachet of sweetener on and a fruit bag. Wondered if anyone knew the syn value - it's not coming up on the McDonalds section of the SW site and seems to be a bigger portion of porridge than the usual 28g of porridge I would usually have for my HE brekkie. Hope it's not to much as really enjoyed it and didn't even envy OH his brekkie which smelled really greasy.

I used to count it as 2 HExBs as its nearly 40gs - i cant remember exactly how much but I did ask once

28g of original oatso simple is 5 syns on all plans, so working it out up to 40g would equal 7 syns, but i suppose if your allowed 28g as a HEX B, you could just count the difference as a syn and call it 2. i think..........

And don't forget porridge only counts as a healthy extra B choice if you have an oat/scan bran on the same day too :)

And don't forget porridge only counts as a healthy extra B choice if you have an oat/scan bran on the same day too :)

...... someone else told me that if you don't use all your healthy extra's you dont need to syn what you do use ! ?
i have been having shreddies as my HEx B on somedays and not having the 1 ryvita wholegrain CB with it :confused:

xxx

Thanks everyone. Really confused now as SW consultant said I could use it as a HExB. I lost 5.5lbs anyway so must have been ok :p

I don't go in that often but would have that again if I did. I don't always have a ryvita with my morning porridge if I have run out either - on those days I just make my porridge up to 30g, seems to be working out ok.

As my consultant would say, if it works for you go with it, when it starts to cause problems - stop. Enjoy. x

As my consultant would say, if it works for you go with it, when it starts to cause problems - stop. Enjoy. x

Great advice, 'tweaks' are ok if you're still losing weight, when you start to plateau you may need to reconsider your tweaks.

Back