Me bit food diary...

Wednesday 27th July - Red Day
B: 2 Banana's and a cup of tea

D: Bag of chipsticks (5.5??) and bit of baguette (3.5) Had to eat quickly, had just planned on having the chipsticks but boyfriend was eating baguette and it smelt so good i couldnt resist!

T: Homemade beef burger with mushrooms on 2 slices of nimble (HEB) topped with melted mozzarella (HEA).

Pudding: Strawberries and grapes covered in low fat greek yoghurt. Just discovered greek yoghurt today! Yum Yum! So i made some icecream with it too!

Total Syns: 9

Just had the 1 syn cake... Lush! Will def be making that again!! Yum! Pic below...

Attachments

• image-3038148597.jpg
    image-3038148597.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,364
The OH brought an indians home last night! Good job i was in bed when he got in with it, but he did leave it on the bench and even this morning it smelled delicious! :sigh: I think i'm going to have to get my red recipe book out and cook something like that so that i'm not tempted to give in and order one!!

Anyways here is food diary for yesterday:

Friday 29th July - Red Day
B: Scrambled eggs with bacon and mushroom on 2 slices nimble toast (HEB)

D: Fruit, 1/4 one syn cake (0.25)

T: Lean beef steaks with new potatoes (HEB) and veg sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese (HEA) and homemade garlic butter (2)

Total Syns: 2.25

So proud of myself today! I went to cinema last night (saturday) and I managed to not buy any popcorn, nachos or hotdogs! Thats the first time ever in my ENTIRE life i've done that!! Yipppeeee! Instead I took some grapes, 3 babybel lights and a curly wurly! My friend bought nachos so i even had to go to the counter with her and still managed to stay strong!X
PS - Went to see bridesmaids, was brilliant!! :8855:

Saturday 30th July - Red Day
B: 2 poached eggs with mushrooms, bacon and 2 slices of toasted nimble (HEB)

D: Fruit

T: Chicken in homemade garlic butter (2) with veg sprinkled with cheddar cheese (HEA)

Snack: Grapes, 3 Babybel lights (HEA) and a Curly Wurly (6)

Total Syns: 8

Yesterday I made the Mississippi Mud pie out of the comfort food book but I used Options White chocolate powder instead of cocoa and I used sweetener instead of caster sugar. Just got it out the fridge and garnished it.... Here it is! 30 syns for whole cake, 3 syns a slice. Can't wait to have a piece!

Attachments

• image-1630240226.jpg
    image-1630240226.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 81
Getting nervous about weigh day tomorrow, i hope all of these Red days have paid off! (with the exception of sunday when i had a green day!)

Sunday 31st July - Green Day
B: None - had a lie in instead! :)

D: Chicken (HEB) with veg and mash (2), syn free roasties with 3 little yorkshires (6) and gravy (2).

Supper: Fruit

Total Syns: 10

Not been able to get online properly so havent updated for a few days so here goes...

Monday 1st August - Red day
B: None

D: Chicken breast and a piece of mississippi cake (3) - see above thread for pic!

T: Slimming World kebab with salad

Supper: Cup of tea and more mississippi cake! (3)

Total Syns for day: 6

Tuesday 2nd August - Red day - Start of week 3

D: Cup of tea and piece of mississippi cake (3)

T: Homemade meatballs with Spaghetti (A) and cottage cheese.

Snack: Curly Wurly (6)

Total Syns: 9

Wednesday 3rd August - Green day

Snack: Iced Gems (5.5)

D: Bacon (HEB) and mushroom omlette then mississippi cake for pudding (3)

T: Cottage pie, mince (HEB) with veg and gravy (2)

Total Syns: 10.5

Thursday 4th August - Red day
B: Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA)

D: Bacon and poached egg in pitta (HEB), slice of mississippi cake (3)

T: Homemade chicken tikka masala, slice of mississippi cake (3)

Snack: 21g bar of dairy milk (5.5)

Total Syns: 11.5

Went over on my syn allowance yesterday as the last slice of cake had to be eaten ;-) Also, i thought it would be difficult to eat the tikka masala without any rice but actually it was fine and quite filling too!

3 heaped dessert spoons of sweetner
1 lemon, juiced and rind grated
2 large eggs
2oz virtually/fat free fromage frais
Method:
1. Mix the sweetner and lemon rind together in a small-ish glass bowl (small enough to fit into a pan of boiling water later)

2. Mix the eggs and lemon juice together then add to the sweetner and rind mixtue

3. Put glass bowl over water in a pan and heat gently for about 10 minutes

4. Whisk frequently until the mixture starts to thicken

5. Once the mixture is fairly thick, add your fromage frais and mix in well.

Tip: If desired, yellow food colouring can be added to make it look more 'lemon curd-ish'

Variation:
Exchange the lemon for orange
and add a belgian chocolate Options sachet at the same time as the fromage frais. This could be a nice chocolate cake filling
xxx

Back