ME ... so far

I gorged.. haha.. i've had a tough couple of months going through a separation so during the holidays i just forgot about everything and enjoyed my drink and food and loved every minute of it with NO regrets ! I gained 4lbs over 2 weeks and quite amazed it wasn't higher !

This is the FIRST time ever I've been able to lose weight after christmas, normally i fall off the wagon and stay there.. Not this year and I credit my own determination as well as the wonderful support from all the mini's :D xx

I gained 4lbs over 2 weeks and quite amazed it wasn't higher !

Poo, a mere beginner, I put on 16. 11 of them are now though :)

brilliant! well done and keep it up! :cool:

That's a tiny gain, and it is always what you do after that counts the most anyway. Hope that you maintain that determination, you'll do fabulously!

Oh my goodness Syren... what a difference! You look like a different woman, absolutely amazing change!

Do you see the difference? When I look at pics of myself I still think I look the same blob that I always was!

xxx

16lbs Jim ! you must have had an awesome Christmas !! lol

I see the difference now Lindsey, but it took to losing about 2 stone before i noticed big changes. I'll be much happier once it starts to shift off my hips , belly and legs !! I still have to convince myself that i've lost weight when i look in the mirror no matter how much my clothes are hanging off me lol I guess that's a mental thing I need to tackle. But I do look at myself now thinking 'I can't wait to see what i'm gonna look like when i lose more weight' rather than 'i'm so fat' so that's a positive step :)

That is a much nicer way of looking at it... must adopt syren's positive mental attitude!!! x

Wow Syren you look fantastic. Well done xx

Thanks TRISTAR and well done on your losses as well !! :)

i hit 51 lb loss as of today.. this is officially the most weight i've ever lost in all my attempts so I'm definitely inspired to keep going.

I agree with sorcerer.... Syren you are a huge inspiration to us newbies, you look like a different person x

Thanks Dany and sorcerer :) I'm humbled that I can be an inspiration to someone else as there are many people who've posted their successes that have been an inspiration to me.

I've tried every diet on the planet.. I swear ! I've spent years researching and researching about diet and weight loss and finally found what type of regime worked for me. But I soon realized it wasn't the education it was the application that was inhibiting my success. I got frustrated and would lose the will power and if I put on weight I'd get discouraged, lose hope and end up gaining all the weight I'd worked so hard to lose.

I had to adjust that way of thinking. I mean I was almost 300 lbs did I honestly think I would shift the weight it took my whole life to put on overnight ? It's so very hard to lose weight and anyone who doesn't have a weight problem doesn't understand the struggles we go through and I know it's going to be hard work but I can't give up, we all have different reasons why we are here.. how we feel, how we look,depression, health etc. It's finding your motivator and then tackling it head on.

What did it for me this time ? 2 significant things. I am going through a horrible separation and felt discarded because of my weight and a lot of my past issues were brought on by my weight and I needed to feel confident about myself again, plus I was horrified at the prospect of dating again looking the way I did. I've also got the 'i'll show him !' attitude which helps lol. I also joined a high profile, high endurance sport that I absolutely love and realized that I cannot physically do it if I'm the size I am. I've had so many regrets over the years and did not want to add this to the list if i quit. I constantly have my photo taken and posted now and I cringe at the earlier photos taken but i can't change that nor let it get to me, so now I pose for the cameras ! lol I'm nowhere near the size I want to be but I give a big smile and look genuinely happy in my pics rather than the shame and embarrassment that I used to portray.

You also can't look at the big number of how much you have to lose, it's too daunting. I set mini goals now, 10 lbs at a time, a pant size etc. then I treat myself to a new shirt or a night out when I accomplish them. Finding this site has been a blessing because of the support from everyone as well as the mini challenges and hearing peoples stories and reading their inspiring words or their signature quotes. The more you lose each mini goal the closer you are to your target and the more you feel empowered to keep going :)

take pictures ! i HATED having my picture taken but now i look back at my really fat pics and think 'that's who i was and look how far i've come' I don't want to be that woman anymore.

Good luck on your journeys.. if you get stuck or feel like breaking down just come here and read the stories, look at the pics, post a thread asking for help.. you'll get it :)

I've got 71 more lbs to lose.. but I HAD 122 originally.. I'm just going to keep chipping away at the numbers till there is nothing left but the new me :D

Thanks Syren, that made me a little tearful, taking the time to write so many of your thoughts was really helpful x

Wow, I look at pics like yours and it just makes me want to carry on, you have done brilliant, I bet you are so proud of yourself
love Jillica xxx

Back