Me... The nut inside a nut shell.

Jenipye

I'm looking for weight loss buddies. My family is full of teeny tiny people with no one who understands what I'm going through.

A little about me:
I'm a 30 year old female
I'm from Georgia (USA)
I am 5ft 6in tall and weigh 232 pounds (16st 8lb)
My goal is to weigh 140 pounds (10st) and I hope to achieve this by March 1, 2013.
Today is day one of my 60 day liquid protein diet...

I have always had issues with my weight. Trying diet after diet only to fail because I have the worst willpower in the world. I weighed 160lbs (11st 6lb) roughly four years ago and have gained 72lbs ( in such a short amount of time. This has caused me to have depression, horrible self esteem, my health is horrible and I'm constantly tired & weak. Not to mention, I have a terribly bad attitude toward my family, my self and my friends. I have actually pushed my friends away b/c of my weight.
Absolutely NONE of my clothes fit me. Every day I stay home in my PJ's to avoid people who havent seen me in a while and have them wonder what the heck I have done to myself. Just a few months ago, my jeans (very big jeans to say the least) fit me fine, now I cannot get them to button OR ZIP at all. If I have to go out, I wear a gurdle-tank top thingy to hide some of my muffin top and to keep the fact that my pants arent zipped or buttoned, discrete. My shirts are too tight, my boobs prevent me from being able to lay on my back at night. Its just an all out nightmare that I have let myself get this way.
So, if at this point, I have no frightened anyone away, I would really like a buddy (or a million buddies) to help me stay on track. To share stories with, success with, to give each other tips and help along the way. To celebrate with when our goals are reached. Even a drop kick to the bum when I'm feeling gloomy, grumpy or feel like giving up.
Thanks for reading my Novel and good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!!

Jenipye said:
I'm looking for weight loss buddies. My family is full of teeny tiny people with no one who understands what I'm going through.

A little about me:
I'm a 30 year old female
I'm from Georgia (USA)
I am 5ft 6in tall and weigh 232 pounds (16st 8lb)
My goal is to weigh 140 pounds (10st) and I hope to achieve this by March 1, 2013.
Today is day one of my 60 day liquid protein diet...

I have always had issues with my weight. Trying diet after diet only to fail because I have the worst willpower in the world. I weighed 160lbs (11st 6lb) roughly four years ago and have gained 72lbs ( in such a short amount of time. This has caused me to have depression, horrible self esteem, my health is horrible and I'm constantly tired & weak. Not to mention, I have a terribly bad attitude toward my family, my self and my friends. I have actually pushed my friends away b/c of my weight.
Absolutely NONE of my clothes fit me. Every day I stay home in my PJ's to avoid people who havent seen me in a while and have them wonder what the heck I have done to myself. Just a few months ago, my jeans (very big jeans to say the least) fit me fine, now I cannot get them to button OR ZIP at all. If I have to go out, I wear a gurdle-tank top thingy to hide some of my muffin top and to keep the fact that my pants arent zipped or buttoned, discrete. My shirts are too tight, my boobs prevent me from being able to lay on my back at night. Its just an all out nightmare that I have let myself get this way.
So, if at this point, I have no frightened anyone away, I would really like a buddy (or a million buddies) to help me stay on track. To share stories with, success with, to give each other tips and help along the way. To celebrate with when our goals are reached. Even a drop kick to the bum when I'm feeling gloomy, grumpy or feel like giving up.
Thanks for reading my Novel and good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!!

Hi jenipye, I'll be your buddy if you like! I'm on here every day, or you can email if you like!
Jo x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you, Jo! That would be great. I know I'll be on here as much as I possibly can. At this point, its the only thing keeping me motivated :)

Jenipye said:
Thank you, Jo! That would be great. I know I'll be on here as much as I possibly can. At this point, its the only thing keeping me motivated :)

Best thing to do, is start a diary-where you can post your daily ramblings, and we can keep track of your progress!maybe look at joining a weightloss challenge too if things like that motivate you x

Jenipye said:
That is an excellent idea, Jo. Thank you!! Is there a board specifically for daily journals?

Yes, there is an entire 'Diaries' subforum :)

Hi jenipye , Ur storie was quite touching and I feel ur pain don't give up hope and good luck xx Jayne

Hi Jenipye,

I'm sorry you feel so down at the minute. I can relate to it hosnetlu, I used to convince myself I liked staying home in my PJ's all day when really I had not much else that fit me. All I could wear were leggins and huge tops so I know, I think we all know what a downward spiral you're stuck in.

I'll be your buddy! Anytime you want to eat jump on here and vent!

Have you done a total food replacement before?
This is my first time, I had no idea what to expect.

Good luck, keep in your mind what you want MOST OF ALL rather than what you want 'right now'

Kellmo x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you everyone for all of your help. I really appreciate everyone's kind words.
I seem to be having a hard time trying to get the diet started. I guess I probably shouldn't try to start my diet with TOM this week? I just have crappy willpower. I need to lock myself in a padded room with only someone there who can give me a protein shake every three hours.
Ive told myself Id start my diet tomorrow September 1st. Liquid protein shakes, four times a day as a total meal replacement. I would love to be able to do this for about three months and then start weight watchers January 1st.
I've been reading as much as I possibly can on all the forums and blogs and posts from this website. This website is a great motivator, I wish I could stay on here 24 hours a day.
Thanks again!

Jenipye said:
Thank you everyone for all of your help. I really appreciate everyone's kind words.
I seem to be having a hard time trying to get the diet started. I guess I probably shouldn't try to start my diet with TOM this week? I just have crappy willpower. I need to lock myself in a padded room with only someone there who can give me a protein shake every three hours.
Ive told myself Id start my diet tomorrow September 1st. Liquid protein shakes, four times a day as a total meal replacement. I would love to be able to do this for about three months and then start weight watchers January 1st.
I've been reading as much as I possibly can on all the forums and blogs and posts from this website. This website is a great motivator, I wish I could stay on here 24 hours a day.
Thanks again!

Just reading through, I wondered if the shakes you are going to be using are designed to be used as a total meal replacemt, as if not, they could make you poorly! Just a thought! X

The shake i will be using is intended for meal replacement, however its not intended for strickly it only. I plan to take all of my vitamins and drink plenty of water. If I feel at any time that this isnt working for me (as in, I dont feel well) then I will stop the shakes or possibly add a high protein meal in place of one of my shakes.

Jenipye said:
The shake i will be using is intended for meal replacement, however its not intended for strickly it only. I plan to take all of my vitamins and drink plenty of water. If I feel at any time that this isnt working for me (as in, I dont feel well) then I will stop the shakes or possibly add a high protein meal in place of one of my shakes.

Ok that's good-don't want you to make yourself ill! Take care x keep us posted! Have you started a diary yet? x

Good luck on the journey Jenipye.
You'll find the support on here a great motivator so make sure you visit daily to keep you on track.
Just reading everyone's weigh-loss results really is a great incentive x x

Welshtigger said:
Yes, there is an entire 'Diaries' subforum :)

Hi jo , can you explain how I get on the Diarie subforum , I'm getting quite confused on what I'm doing lol thanks x

Back