Meal Advice for Tomorrow...

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hey folks,

Im going out for a meal with my colleagues tomorrow night and we are going here: Toto Ristorante – High quality menus inspired by Italy – Fine Italian dining in Bury

I'm going to go EE tomorrow and ive had 3 1/2 syns today and will have none tomorrow so i can use a total of 26 1/2 for the meal and drinks.

Can you have a look at the menu and tell me what you think will be best?

Im thinking of going for the steak with new potato's , side salad and spinach and fruit salad for dessert but ive never eaten a steak before in my life - im scared! lol :p

Personally, if I'm going out, I try and find something I know I'll enjoy (worth spending some syns on!) but is perhaps a better choice than other things (those creamy foods that I like too)!

If you don't know if you like steak, it's not the cheapest thing to have and although it'll be a low syn choice, you might not enjoy dinner at all! SW isn't just about eating low syn food - it's about enjoying life and having the flexibility to eat whatever you like (in moderation of course)!

Just my two pence...

If it is any help, my choices off this menu would be:

Starters
Roasted peppers or
Chicken skewers without sauce or
sharing the antipasti for two, but eating all the lean cooked meat and olives, avoiding pate or anything too oily
Minestrone

Main
Langostine risotto - hold the cream
Pasta amatriciana (ham, bacon, tomatoes, garlic) or alassio (seafood)
Lamb shank, but switch the mash for new potatoes
Calves liver, as above
Monkfish and confit of tomatoes

don't really have desserts, though you can't go wrong with a fruit salad.

Sounds lovely, mate. And lots to choose from.

xxxx

Personally, if I'm going out, I try and find something I know I'll enjoy (worth spending some syns on!) but is perhaps a better choice than other things (those creamy foods that I like too)!

If you don't know if you like steak, it's not the cheapest thing to have and although it'll be a low syn choice, you might not enjoy dinner at all! SW isn't just about eating low syn food - it's about enjoying life and having the flexibility to eat whatever you like (in moderation of course)!

Just my two pence...

Thanks for the advice hun, unfortunatley i am one of the unlucky ones who HAS to stick to the plan 100%, if i relax off a little or try to flexi syn i will put weight on at weigh in.

I pretty much have to stay on plan as much as poss when dining out if i dont want a gain on the scales at weigh in :sigh:

If it is any help, my choices off this menu would be:

Starters
Roasted peppers or
Chicken skewers without sauce or
sharing the antipasti for two, but eating all the lean cooked meat and olives, avoiding pate or anything too oily
Minestrone

Main
Langostine risotto - hold the cream
Pasta amatriciana (ham, bacon, tomatoes, garlic) or alassio (seafood)
Lamb shank, but switch the mash for new potatoes
Calves liver, as above
Monkfish and confit of tomatoes

don't really have desserts, though you can't go wrong with a fruit salad.

Sounds lovely, mate. And lots to choose from.

xxxx

Good reccomendations there mate - thanks :cool:

Personally, for me, I'd rather a really nice night out and be one or two weeks further away from my target than a horrid night out! Remember SW is for life, not just for losing weight....

Hope you have a good night out - looks like a good place that is probably able to switch/remove things like cream on request!

I would have the brochette di pollo to start and ask for the sauce on the side (and don't eat it or syn it as you would peanut butter)

I always ask in Italian places, which is the least rich sauce, the least oily or creamy and go with that. The basic tomato sauces are normally the ones to go for but they can be packed with Olive Oil. Save a HEXb for this purpose just in case. You can be sure that you saved at least 6 syns in case your portion has olive oil in it.

For main I would have frm the pasta menu the tagliolini alassio and ask them if the sauce is oily or if the prawns are fried in oil prior to serving, if they are ask them to hold the oil. Ditto the Amatriciana, they look the least heavy/creamy sauces.

From the meat menu either of the lamb choices, ask for sauce on the side (the red wine reduction) and ensure your meat is grilled not fried. Ditto the pollo pensiero if you can get them to give you the jus on the side.

The sea bass would be a great option if you can get them to hold the olive oil.

And don't forget to check that your side orders of vegetables and potatoes come to you plain and with no butter added.

Sounds absolutely delish though I must say xx

Back