1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Meal plans on a budget!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tanzybear, 14 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Tanzybear

Tanzybear Member

Hi everyone! I'm new here! Recently rejoined slimming world after having my son in January.

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with shopping/planning meals! After buying gas/elec, my partners lunch stuff and nappies/formula for my son my weekly budget is probably around the £40-£50 Mark.

I need ideas (and maybe other peoples shopping lists!) to make weekly plans for
    Dinners! I usually do the extra easy plan, but we eat a lot of pasta, so extra easy or green would be best! The meals are for me, my partner and our 2 yr old daughter.

We don't eat mushrooms, courgettes or parsnips. And we have a tefal actifry, oven and microwave! We both eat quite a lt for our dinner so we need filling meals!

Thankyou!! Xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    hi, have you checked out the recipe section above, also if you can pick up a couple of cook books off ebay. one of my fav's is egg, sw chips and beans, another is baked bean lasange, .:D
  4. Freshstartnewme!

Freshstartnewme! Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight watchers pro points
    Hi there!

Some suggestions for cheap filling meals:

1. Jacket potato (my OH has two!) with various fillings, I like chickpea dahl (free on ee and green) cheese and beans, tuna and mayo etc
    2. Pasta- so versatile, just add any veg you have knocking around passata, if you have meat, chicken or mine can be added to make pasta bake/spag bol.
    3. Chili- one of the large packets mince (usually on 3 for £10) can make us at least 6 portions of chili if bulked out with onion, pepper, baked beans. (We have with rice, jacket pots, over chips..)
    4. Omelette or eggs of any kind! - Cheap and fillings, on toast, with beans and chips, sw grill up!
    5. Casseroles- cheap cuts of meat cooked long and slow with mash are warm and filling and cheap!

Have a look around the site there are lots of budget threads- also have a look at the weekly shopping list thread- this will give you some great idea's.

Good luck! xx
  5. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Fruit and veg you get rather inexpensive at Aldi (the £0.69 offers) and I have found the local greengrocer is usually cheaper than the supermarkets in general.
    There is a SW recipe book - "Family Feast For A Fiver", haven't bought it myself as yet, but it is on my wish list.
    Jill x
  6. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
  7. Tanzybear

Tanzybear Member

Thanks everyone :) I hadn't looked around the forums yet to see that there are threads that would give me ideas! I'll have a look! Thanks! x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.