• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Meal plans on a budget!

Hi everyone! I'm new here! Recently rejoined slimming world after having my son in January.

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with shopping/planning meals! After buying gas/elec, my partners lunch stuff and nappies/formula for my son my weekly budget is probably around the £40-£50 Mark.

I need ideas (and maybe other peoples shopping lists!) to make weekly plans for
Dinners! I usually do the extra easy plan, but we eat a lot of pasta, so extra easy or green would be best! The meals are for me, my partner and our 2 yr old daughter.

We don't eat mushrooms, courgettes or parsnips. And we have a tefal actifry, oven and microwave! We both eat quite a lt for our dinner so we need filling meals!

Thankyou!! Xx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Silver Member
hi, have you checked out the recipe section above, also if you can pick up a couple of cook books off ebay. one of my fav's is egg, sw chips and beans, another is baked bean lasange, .:D
Hi there!

Some suggestions for cheap filling meals:

1. Jacket potato (my OH has two!) with various fillings, I like chickpea dahl (free on ee and green) cheese and beans, tuna and mayo etc
2. Pasta- so versatile, just add any veg you have knocking around passata, if you have meat, chicken or mine can be added to make pasta bake/spag bol.
3. Chili- one of the large packets mince (usually on 3 for £10) can make us at least 6 portions of chili if bulked out with onion, pepper, baked beans. (We have with rice, jacket pots, over chips..)
4. Omelette or eggs of any kind! - Cheap and fillings, on toast, with beans and chips, sw grill up!
5. Casseroles- cheap cuts of meat cooked long and slow with mash are warm and filling and cheap!

Have a look around the site there are lots of budget threads- also have a look at the weekly shopping list thread- this will give you some great idea's.

Good luck! xx

Fruit and veg you get rather inexpensive at Aldi (the £0.69 offers) and I have found the local greengrocer is usually cheaper than the supermarkets in general.
There is a SW recipe book - "Family Feast For A Fiver", haven't bought it myself as yet, but it is on my wish list.
Jill x