Meal plans on a budget!

Tanzybear

Hi everyone! I'm new here! Recently rejoined slimming world after having my son in January.

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with shopping/planning meals! After buying gas/elec, my partners lunch stuff and nappies/formula for my son my weekly budget is probably around the £40-£50 Mark.

I need ideas (and maybe other peoples shopping lists!) to make weekly plans for
Dinners! I usually do the extra easy plan, but we eat a lot of pasta, so extra easy or green would be best! The meals are for me, my partner and our 2 yr old daughter.

We don't eat mushrooms, courgettes or parsnips. And we have a tefal actifry, oven and microwave! We both eat quite a lt for our dinner so we need filling meals!

Thankyou!! Xx

hi, have you checked out the recipe section above, also if you can pick up a couple of cook books off ebay. one of my fav's is egg, sw chips and beans, another is baked bean lasange, .:D

Hi there!

Some suggestions for cheap filling meals:

1. Jacket potato (my OH has two!) with various fillings, I like chickpea dahl (free on ee and green) cheese and beans, tuna and mayo etc
2. Pasta- so versatile, just add any veg you have knocking around passata, if you have meat, chicken or mine can be added to make pasta bake/spag bol.
3. Chili- one of the large packets mince (usually on 3 for £10) can make us at least 6 portions of chili if bulked out with onion, pepper, baked beans. (We have with rice, jacket pots, over chips..)
4. Omelette or eggs of any kind! - Cheap and fillings, on toast, with beans and chips, sw grill up!
5. Casseroles- cheap cuts of meat cooked long and slow with mash are warm and filling and cheap!

Have a look around the site there are lots of budget threads- also have a look at the weekly shopping list thread- this will give you some great idea's.

Good luck! xx

Fruit and veg you get rather inexpensive at Aldi (the £0.69 offers) and I have found the local greengrocer is usually cheaper than the supermarkets in general.
There is a SW recipe book - "Family Feast For A Fiver", haven't bought it myself as yet, but it is on my wish list.
Jill x

Thanks everyone :) I hadn't looked around the forums yet to see that there are threads that would give me ideas! I'll have a look! Thanks! x

Back