Meal replacement plan-advice-dizziness

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Carlyd85, 13 February 2013.

1. Carlyd85

Carlyd85 Well-Known Member

i am on a meal replacement plan, and lately have been having dizzy spells that knocked me for 6 for a couple of days. I'm not convinced that its the low cal diet doing this to me... Any got any suggestions/advise?
  2. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

What plan are you following? How long have you been on it? Are you sticking to it 100%-making sure you're having all your packs and a multi vit of required? Are you drinking enough water? Are you doing too much exercise?
  3. Carlyd85

I'm following a plan from my dietician, the meal replacements are ones that she's formulated, I no longer take my multi-vitamins i case of overdosing on certain ones whilst I'm on there shakes. I drink loads of water, I'm not convinced its my diet, I feel fine normally, not starving, no headaches etc, until I had this one episode of dizziness/feeling faint and now I'm drained! My dr said it was just a feeling faint nothing else... Not overly happy with that diagnosis, it feels like more than that from my end :(
  4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

Maybe it's low blood pressure! It's a common occurrence on a vlcd-if that's what yours actually is!(not sure with you saying that someone has 'formulated it' for you) take care x
    Last edited: 14 February 2013
  5. weasey

weasey Well-Known Member

Low blood pressure is quite common, as has already been said. Try adding some salt to your food if possible. You can also clench your thighs a few times when feeling like that to help ypur blood get to your head.
    Last edited: 20 February 2013
  6. fionapullan

fionapullan Well-Known Member

I hadnt realising clenching your thighs helped blood flow! will have to try that one x
  7. Carlyd85

I've had my blood pressure checked a few times in the past month. All ok :-/ had an ECG done in docs on Monday they want to chat with me about it :-/ oh dear..
  8. Abyss

Abyss Schwing !

You are drinking enough right ? Simple stuff but I often forget to drink as much as I should be doing and that makes me dizzy.
  9. Carlyd85

Yeah I drink loads of water