Meal replacement plan-advice-dizziness

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Carlyd85, 13 February 2013 Social URL.

1. Carlyd85

Carlyd85 Full Member

Hi

i am on a meal replacement plan, and lately have been having dizzy spells that knocked me for 6 for a couple of days. I'm not convinced that its the low cal diet doing this to me... Any got any suggestions/advise?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

What plan are you following? How long have you been on it? Are you sticking to it 100%-making sure you're having all your packs and a multi vit of required? Are you drinking enough water? Are you doing too much exercise?

4. Carlyd85

Carlyd85 Full Member

I'm following a plan from my dietician, the meal replacements are ones that she's formulated, I no longer take my multi-vitamins i case of overdosing on certain ones whilst I'm on there shakes. I drink loads of water, I'm not convinced its my diet, I feel fine normally, not starving, no headaches etc, until I had this one episode of dizziness/feeling faint and now I'm drained! My dr said it was just a feeling faint nothing else... Not overly happy with that diagnosis, it feels like more than that from my end :(

5. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Maybe it's low blood pressure! It's a common occurrence on a vlcd-if that's what yours actually is!(not sure with you saying that someone has 'formulated it' for you) take care x

Last edited: 14 February 2013
  6. weasey

weasey Gold Member

Low blood pressure is quite common, as has already been said. Try adding some salt to your food if possible. You can also clench your thighs a few times when feeling like that to help ypur blood get to your head.

Last edited: 20 February 2013
  7. fionapullan

fionapullan Full Member

I hadnt realising clenching your thighs helped blood flow! will have to try that one x

8. Carlyd85

Carlyd85 Full Member

I've had my blood pressure checked a few times in the past month. All ok :-/ had an ECG done in docs on Monday they want to chat with me about it :-/ oh dear..

9. Abyss

Abyss Schwing !

You are drinking enough right ? Simple stuff but I often forget to drink as much as I should be doing and that makes me dizzy.

10. Carlyd85

Carlyd85 Full Member

Yeah I drink loads of water