Meal Replacements

W5CHELS

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Anyway I just back from picking up a salad from Tescos and found a meal replacement milkshake. I was just wondering are these any good? Do they really fill you up? Or are they meant to replace lunch instead of dinner?

Also is it OK to have these during the week and have a proper dinner on the weekend?

Cheers

Hi,

These are the tesco version of the slimfast plan. You have a shake for breakfast, a snack (anything upto 100 cals), shake for lunch, another 100 cals snack in the afternoon, then a healthy meal of upto 600 cals, finally another snack in the eve of upto 100 cals again. They do fill you up a bit, but of course like any new diet will take a few days to get used to and you may feel rather hungry at first. Yes it is ok to have a day off, obviously for optimum weight loss you need to carry on the plan all week. Plus drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres.

If you have any other questions please just ask and I'll try to help. I've never used the tesco shakes myself, but they are meant to be a good alternative to slimfast and meant to taste nice.

Good luck x

Im on Asda measure up (similar to tesco one and SF) and I have found that it works great for me. I have found it easier to do than a calorie controlled diet and easier to stick to. With a regular calorie controlled diet I found it very difficult to know what to eat or exactly what my calorie intake was and I hate salads! lol ;)
I would often find myself having something to eat and either feeling guilty or like I'd had more than is allowed on a diet then starve myself or end up "falling off the wagon"! lol
With the shakes I feel good knowing that the shakes are only around 200cals and that I can snack up to 3 times a day (100cal snacks) and still have up to a 600cal dinner!. I dnt feel hungry in between.
Every1 is different and what works for every1 is different but you should def give these a try and if your anything like me I think you will like it! :)

the shakes fill me up, i dont follow them as a diet now but i do have one for my breakfast as i dont have time for a real meal

And are you still losing weight gina at a pace your happy with ? X

im finding it difficult to lose any weight now, ive lost another inch or so but my weights gone up with working on weights and heavy muscle work

Same... When I increase the weights I look Better but weigh a little heavier or don't lose.... It's a catch 22 hey... Especially when I see my doctor monthly and want to be lighter on the scales x

Back