Meal/Snack ideas for Down Days

Louise44 said:
Any ideas on the calorie content of air popped popcorn (Kelkin)with just a tiny bit of sea salt? Not sure whether to weigh the kernels popped or unpopped?

This is all the info I can find at the moment.

image-1825986406.jpg

Had a Thai stir fry with bean shoots and pak choi and spring onion with chopped sea food sticks which are only 12 cals each. Lots of Thai spices and soy sauce. Was really tasty and under 100 cals for the lot. Had huge portion!!!!!

I'm on DD today and I'm struggling!! Now on my 2nd diet red bull haha gimme caffeine!! Drank about 1litre of water with lemon and had a ultra slim shake for lunch, may try and cook a 200 cal tea tonight to actually have some solids!! I'm veggie anyone got any ideas? x

This is my favourite re-find. Valentine Warners Moroccan Prawns and Spinach. This is half of his recipe. Google it or I have put it on mfp - DD Prawn and Spinach

It comes to an absolutely amazing 182kcals!

Chop up a tomato, half a garlic clove and 100g of uncooked prawns and set aside.

Dry fry half teaspoon cumin seeds add half a teaspoon of half a bag of spinach until it is all in and wilted. My mfp says baby spinach as that's all I could be sure of, but older spinach is better.
Add the tomatoes, garlic and a splosh of lemon juice, salt to taste.
Cook on a highish heat until it is quite dry, although if it is a bit wet you can add a small wedge of bread to mop it up for an extra 100kcals or so.
Turn it out and add the prawns to the pan, you'll probably need half a teaspoon more oil.
When they are almost cooked throw everything else back in, bruing all up to bubbly heat and then serve!

It is so much more filling than it sounds. Non dieters can have bread and butter for any juices! OH loves it although he was dubious at first as it doesn't really look filling. Belive me it is :)

SOUNDS AMAZING!! HOw many prawns do you add?

can't believe Hartleys 10kcal Jellies haven't been mentioned! They are a life saver for a sweet tooth! :)

Back