Meal/Snack ideas for Down Days

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Hi there. Thought I would start a thread for ideas anyone has for down day meals/snacks. Hopefully by sharing them it will make DD's that little bit easier.

McCains express veg. Broccoli, red pepper and soya beans in a tomato and herb
sauce. Wack it in the microwave and presto. Best thing is it is only 73 calories

Attachments

• 424.jpg
    424.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 601
Quorn and Veg bake.
Defrost 2 quorn fillets (or the pieces) and put them in tin foil with veg. Add an oxo cube to 100mls of water and pour over. Wrap the foil and cook for around 20-25 mins on 180 degrees.
Depending on the veg this is around 150 calories.
Must admit it tastes alot better than it looks!

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
I love the ww soups! Chicken 95 cals, tomato 74, chicken noodle 49, not sure about the other ones but all under 100 cals! Great for lunch or dinner :D

PS Great idea for a thread Jelly!

Yes, excellent idea for a thread. I like to make veg soup on a DD - any non-starchy vegetables like carrots, leeks, onions, butternut squash, peppers etc. with water and a bouillon cube then cooked and blended up. Cals vary depending on ingredients but you can have a really good bowl full for less than 100 calories.

Quorn fillets (90 calories) and McCains Express veg, Baby carrots, baby corn and red pepper in a 5 spice sauce. (65 calories)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 709
Think I'll have to get some of those quorn fillets, looks like you get loads for 90 cals!

Yes I don't think one of those sausage rolls would be enough for me either! Although kids did have some mini sausage rolls (last week I think before I started juddd) they were 50cals each (they were tiny!) and I had one, just one and was all counted :) Was rather impressed with myself that day as there were 6 left which went back in the fridge and hubby had them for work the next day. My will power IS getting stronger, esp now I'm on Juddd!!!

Exactly, when you can have something you realise you don't actually need it, it's when you can't eat certain foods that you want them all the more and end up binging. I've had no need at all to feel like I need to go and binge on this plan :D

Not sure I could stop at one though!
They are quite big. Around half the size of a sausage roll! They are quite dry though so one at a time is enough. Saying that I eat them cold.
How do you make the sauce?
It comes with the veg in the packet. Can't belive it is only 65 calories.
Quorn is fantastic. Very low in calories. I have a list somewhere of all the products. I will have to post it. The deli slices are also only around 40 calories for 5ish (they look like luncheon meat.)

Will be checking the Quorn products out tomorrow! I haven't had quorn for years, used to get the pieces and the sausages at one time and loved it.

I had a yummy dinner tonight. Stir fry beansprouts (50 cals) with chow mein sauce (54 cals) and quorn tikka pieces (69 cals). Was lovely and 173 cals in all :D

Just had for lunch WW Spaghetti (97) with salad (30) and a crispbread (29). Nice lunch or dinner for a dd, quite filling and only 156 calories! Yay!

Ok! I have lots and it will take me awhile to get them all on here! LOL :)

However I will start with a few I can think of and post back often...

~ 100 cal popcorn (this is great late at night watching TV with a Diet Root beer!)

~ Pickels

~ Egg beaters (1 serving size is 30 cals, and I mix it with salsa!Yummy!) It has high protein and it keeps me full!

~ 1 piece of 40 cal bread with I can't believe its not butter SPRAY and a tiny bit of jelly! Less than 100 cals! (Great with Coffee or hot tea)

Protein Powder Peanut Butter Cookies

This is an excellent High Protein recipe for
those who use Protein powder but don't want to DRINK their food.

Protein Peanut Butter Cookie
2 TB (1/2 scoop) French Vanilla Designer Whey Protein Powder
1 TB Bell Plantation defatted dry Peanut Butter Powder
1 TB Torani or DaVinci sugar free Vanilla syrup
1 pkg Splenda

Spray 1/2 cup microwavable bowl with butter flavored non-stick coating.
Put protein powder, dry peanut butter and splenda into bowl
and mix together with the tip of a tableknife.
Add 1 TB sugar free syrup and mix together.
Place bowl in microwave and heat full-power for 1 minute.
Run tableknife around edge of bowl,
invert it and dump cookie onto saucer.

Calories: 54
Protein: 9.72 grams

Back