meals to take to work please

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
hi all hope you are well?
i've just started a new job and i generally have to eat my tea at work i'm abit fed up of sandwiches and i can't take anymore salad cause i had a salad the other day and was ill that night and the next day it was a bug but now when i think of salad it reminds me how i felt so i can't eat it.
we have a kettle and a mircowave not sure about a toaster. can you wonderful people give me some ideas what to take please.
thanks
michelle

tinkerbellsmum said:
hi all hope you are well?
i've just started a new job and i generally have to eat my tea at work i'm abit fed up of sandwiches and i can't take anymore salad cause i had a salad the other day and was ill that night and the next day it was a bug but now when i think of salad it reminds me how i felt so i can't eat it.
we have a kettle and a mircowave not sure about a toaster. can you wonderful people give me some ideas what to take please.
thanks
michelle

Well I work in a shop and use the micro to scramble my eggs in morn then I have tomato onion and mushroom chopped up and heat it in micro 2 ;)
U could bring a jacket potato pierce it and cook it in micro with baked beans or salad u make at home ;) and soup or chicken stir fry

;)

Last edited:
scrambled egg sounds lovely.
i suppose when i have made my family evening meal i do this before i leave i could take mine out and put it in a tub to take with me and reheat
thank you both

I took leftover stir fry yesterday and eat it cold which was really yummy (but you could heat it in a microwave!)

You can also do the savoury rices in a microwave - then I just stir in chopped spring onion, pineapple and anything else I fancy to get my 1/3

Make more of your evening meals then just recylce them for lunch! much more interesting than a salad!

You are so lucky! We have no fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle or anything to try and make us use their restaurant! Even a hot water for a mugshot costs me 40p!
All I can have is warm soggy salad!!

If I had a microwave I would def take in leftover dinner - yum!

Yes definitely do the leftover thing if you can, nothing worse than being hungry at work! I usually have leftovers or pasta n sauce / savoury rice / jacket and tuna/beans/Laughing Cow or I make up a big batch of pasta salad with peppers / onions / mushrooms / any other veg and tuna and sweetcorn and take that cold a few times a week.

Good luck and well done so far xxxxx

I would do a search using the phrases "lunch box" and "packed lunch" and you will find loads of threads on this subject. There are two identical posts in the recipe sub forum at the moment. Perhaps we should have a sticky on the subject as I'm starting to sound a bit like Victor Meldrew here :D

Then of course you could do a frittata.

you could get a food flask... ive heard lots of good things about these... i eat most of my leftover cold, i buy chicken thighs and mix them with cous cous and throw some salad in

I read a post before about using rice pouches with leftovers and it sounded great. Will be having leftover roasted veg from tonights dinner with Tandoori rice tomorrow for lunch.

Having a microwave at work is a lifesaver!

I also made the Minestrone Soup from the 7 day book and brought that in warm, it lasted really well and was delish :)

You are so lucky! We have no fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle or anything to try and make us use their restaurant! Even a hot water for a mugshot costs me 40p!
All I can have is warm soggy salad!!

If I had a microwave I would def take in leftover dinner - yum!

I've got this great food container that you put in the freezer. The sides and lid are filled with this gell. It keeps salads etc lovely and cold/crispy and even has a section for dressing. I also found a great flask that keeps water hot for 24 hours and I've just got this awsome food flask for 1 from morrisons for £4. I wouldn't use your work restaurant on principle!

I made the cheese and potato comfort pie (but put lots of extra veg in that was left over from Sunday roast) this week and cut that up and took it to work on Tue & Wed. Bloomin' lovely.

Today I had left overs from last nights dinner. Lovely as well.

Tomorrow I'm just taking in a Mug Shot and lots of fruit so it'll be a bit of a dissapointment after the rest of the week.

Back