meals

Lots2lose36

Silver Member
Hi

im looking to change over to this diet to maintain my new weight when i get there around april may time.

im wondering are the meals filling? is there a wide selection?

just a general how is everyone finding this way of eating?

thanks ;)

Choice

Hello there - well done on your weight loss so far :)
Yes, I think there is a lot of choice. Maybe 35 dishes you can chose for dinner? That's assuming you eat everything. I don't take red meat, so for me there are a few less. My only comment would be that the dinners tend to focus on curry a lot, which is great if that's your thing, but for those who dislike curry this may be a bit limiting. All the dishes are listed on the UK website under "The Food".

Thank you for your reply

I've decided to order 2 weeks worth and start that as soon as I reach target

I notice some people are sourcing the food in the supermarkets. So may e that will be an option after the first couple of weeks :)

Hi there, I order my Diet Chef through QVC - they have some different 'packages' you can order (I get a month delivered at a time). I must say that there have only been a couple of meals that I didn't like. Most are either fine or really good (I particularly like the meal kits where they supply the oil and spices and you add the meat and veg - they're pretty spicy!!). If the food was bland, I would have quit pretty quickly but most of it is pretty tasty so I'm happy and not bored yet! So good luck with it - I hope you find it quite easy as all the calorie counting's been done for you.

Yes that's what I'm hoping for I'm pretty easy to please on the food front. I do like curries and alsorts really I'm going to start this diet as soon as I reach target.

So I will be going from a vlcd on to this diet so I'm hoping I won't gain in first week. Then the plan is over a long period of time to gradually add calories to the diet chef so that I'm teaching myself how to maintain my new weight.

It's all a learning curve tho, I like to be prepared tho as I don't want to lose all the weight and then not know what to do and gain it all back.

I notice there are extra things like pop corn which I thought was dead handy if I'm off to movies as I do frequently :)

Can't wait to taste everything, Im not starting until end of may. Well that's the planned start date if my weight comes off as per plan :).

How are you finding the weight loss top cat?

Lots2lose... I really admire your commitment to the vlcd. I honestly don't think I could do it- too restrictive for me.

It's interesting though that looking at your weight loss on vlcd each week is similar to what people can achieve on the diet chef diet. Maybe you could swap over to diet chef even before you reach your target weight?

You might have a couple of slow weeks as our body adjusts to having more calories, but then once it knows you aren't starving yourself anymore I'm sure the weight will start to come off again.

Just food for thought anyway (unintentional pun! Haha)

Sarah xx

I've been trying to lose weight for last 5 years with food. Seem to stay the same a lot with food lol so maybe that will help with maintaining lol

I'm actually really happy on the vlcd. Plus not got that long on it now just another 2 stone 7lbs to go. Plus now I've done 10 weeks I'm on a roll so rather continue with vlcd until target. Which I'm estimating will be end of may.

My stuff has arrived today well one of the weeks of it and I'm going to post office to collect it soon.

I like to be prepared as I don't want to undo all my good work.

Yeah that's a good plan. There's nothing worse than not having the correct food in and being forced to make bad choices. Keep up the good work. You are doing an amazing job xxxx

Back