Meals

Lux

Has anyone tried the exante 'meals'? Wondering if any of them were nice?! Thinking of ordering a few to try, maybe bolognese, curry and rissoto :D

Hi lux, I hav tried the bolognaise (like it), shepherds pie(quite nice, needs herbs and seasoning) chili (not spicy, but trial and error re kidney beans, I take them out and soak in boiling water for 5 mins, ok tho) and pasta carbonara (very thin, not fussy)
Hope that helps :D
Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Lux, I've tried the meals, here's my opinion...

Mushroom risotto - like, nice texture and not too salty or processed tasting. Best left to stand so rice grains absorb the liquid otherwise can be a bit hard.
Thai Curry - good flavour but quite liquidy. I use less water for this than they recommend. Quite spicy.
Bolognese - not keen on this one - a bit too artificial tasting and tangy aftertaste
Chilli - one of my favourites, like Jeanette says though you need to let the kidney beans absorb the liquid. I leave to stand for a couple of minutes after cooking for this to happen.
Shepherds Pie - my favourite, good texture and proper food taste. I add black pepper to season it.
Carbonarra - not a great fan of this one, difficult to get the consistency right. I add chilli or curry powder to spice it up a bit. Again you need to leave it to stand to absorb the liquid otherwise the pasta pieces are hard.

I find having a variety of meals keeps me focussed. On my add 200 cals of proper food week I add chicken breast to the meals, or have with salad or vegetables. Last night I have carbonarra with chicken breast stirred through it and some steamed asparagus - felt like a 'proper' meal!

Hope that helps x

I agree with Sparkley. I think the more variety the better. I've have only had the chilli, the carbonara, the spaghetti and shepherds pie and thought they were all fine. Theres a lot of moaning about them, but I think the tastes and textures are pretty good considering they only have 200 calories to play with.

Back