Meals

sarah212

Does everyone make sw meals for your partner or kids? or just make a different meal for just yourself?

We don't have kids so it is probably easier but I make meals for both of us & when my friends 9 year old comes over he also eats them - I couldn't be bothered with having to cook different meals at meal time

As there is just hubby and me I cook the same meals, although he does get a 'proper' pud at weekends, he needs to lose some weight and if he thought he was 'dieting' he would be most put out - but of course he hasn't realised it yet..men, LOL..

As there is just hubby and me I cook the same meals, although he does get a 'proper' pud at weekends, he needs to lose some weight and if he thought he was 'dieting' he would be most put out - but of course he hasn't realised it yet..men, LOL..

My OH has gone from a 38 waist down to a 34 now while I have been on SW, he didn't realise how it happened until a couple of months ago when he twigged it was SW.....I have been on it a year now....caught on quick didn't he??:p

Lol, I do greens days, but my oh hates pasta, rice, cous cous...(my son eats better than him) Plus hes allergic to fruit and most veg :)

So i do different meals for both of us, i dont normally mind because he just eats chips and chicken dippers or something like that...He offers to make his own but he would just get in my way :D

I just realised, Hes just a big kid and i talk about him like it too lol

Oh no, I couldn't be doing with making different meals! OH eats exactly what I eat and mostly my daughter does too. I maybe tweak things a bit for her, no big bits of onion etc but she still eats what we have. If we have curry/chilli though then she will have a jacket spud or something as she just doesn't like it.

Surely chips and chicken dippers ain't good for anyone let alone a fully grown fella!!! Not wanting to judge though but I do feel for you doing separate meals!

If you do green days, what about eggs, SW chips and beans/peas or jacket spuds and various fillings? Surely he would eat those!!

I know, he eats very unhealthly....he does like sw chips tho....but he is like a kid....he will screw his face up if i suggest something lol and hes 8 years older than me!

Hmm, I'd just stick it in front of him - I do this all the time. My OH had the yummy black eyed bean patties out of the mag and really enjoyed them, then I told him what was in them!!!

He didn't like rice but eats it now, I just cook it in risotto. He didn't like courgettes and spinach but will eat that now in pasta or risotto, they are just like kids - you have to disguise things!

Your right lol it would be fine if i did red days....he has to had meat with everything.

Hmm, I'd just stick it in front of him - I do this all the time. My OH had the yummy black eyed bean patties out of the mag and really enjoyed them, then I told him what was in them!!!

He didn't like rice but eats it now, I just cook it in risotto. He didn't like courgettes and spinach but will eat that now in pasta or risotto, they are just like kids - you have to disguise things!

Sounds very like my OH although doesn't like coriander (although only doesn't like it when he knows its it something!), spinach he loves one day and hates the next and courgette is a nono. My problem is he's just over 8st and 6'2. He eats loads, i have always cooked from scratch every day, so know he's getting plenty of what he needs, always eats 3 pcs toast for brekkie and a large cheese baguette for lunch. Still worry about him though being soooo skinny (doesn't help my confidence either) but is really supportive of me losing weight, helps keep me on track when i'm having a moment, and tells me i don't need to lose weight cos i'm beautiful. So i'm a very lucky girl.

Anyway after going majorly off topic was wondering about the black eyed bean patties, just made them, possibly the most disgusting thing i have ever felt. And being brought up in the countryside, i ain't squimish. Made 4 of them in my burger press in the end cos couldn't handle them. Has anyone else made them? opinions?

my OH was a very fussy eater no veg or fruit - since sw if he doesnt like what im making - he can make his own - no time for two meals - he has done really well in introducing veg into his diet and feels better for it

everyone has the same for dinner in my house. they make their own lunches though. OH has bread all the time and a cereal bar, DD has fruit and a small sandwich so everyone in my house benefits!

I have to disguise veg in a sauce-my oh hates them!! I only started a couple of weeks ago and its been great cooking from scratch-i think my husbands impresed too!!!I LOVE SLIMMING WORLD!!!
Ps just cooked the mushroom and ham muffins in the magazine-LUSH!!!xx

Sounds very like my OH although doesn't like coriander (although only doesn't like it when he knows its it something!), spinach he loves one day and hates the next and courgette is a nono. My problem is he's just over 8st and 6'2. He eats loads, i have always cooked from scratch every day, so know he's getting plenty of what he needs, always eats 3 pcs toast for brekkie and a large cheese baguette for lunch. Still worry about him though being soooo skinny (doesn't help my confidence either) but is really supportive of me losing weight, helps keep me on track when i'm having a moment, and tells me i don't need to lose weight cos i'm beautiful. So i'm a very lucky girl.

Anyway after going majorly off topic was wondering about the black eyed bean patties, just made them, possibly the most disgusting thing i have ever felt. And being brought up in the countryside, i ain't squimish. Made 4 of them in my burger press in the end cos couldn't handle them. Has anyone else made them? opinions?

although if OH drops to 8 st i will quit SW. In the interest of his health. I get him to eat nuts and things and has a fatty dessert 3-4 times a week. And have researched gaining weight, but it doesn't seem to be helping, and i am not cooking 2 meals every night, but if i don't cook for him it's ready meals, chips, savoury pancakes and pizza every day, and that's not healthy. Hope it doesn't come to that as nearly lost a stone and really happy on the diet. But health has to come first.

I usually cook the one meal for all of us and have introduced Oh to the SW magazine and we try and sit down and pic stuff out of it that we would all like to try. Bless him I ahve promised to make the sorbet in this months and just haven't got round to it yet. Oh doesn't particularly like veg but if mixed in with sauce or soup hes happily eat them!! Kids.... I mean men who'd have em!!

All of mine are pains at mealtimes - my OH and kids are all fussy eaters but the type who prefer junk food and ready meal stuff like oven chips, dippers, anything ready bought - 20-30 mins in oven stuff. They all still argue over what they do and don't like so I just do one meal for all of them and a separate one for myself - usually they won't even try SW cakes etc when I make them - only the trifle one got eaten (after an autopsy!! GRRRR!!!). Most days I feel like a leper !
BUT be worse if they had my food served to them and they binned it!

Jill

Just me and OH (and he cooks, well he's retired and I'm not!) So we have the same SW meals. The annoying thing is that he supplements it with no-no's and he's lost the same amount as me!:(

Back