MEASURE UP DIET now on my 3rd week

pretty much the same as you or pasta, though some days just not felt hungry so had a couple of bowls of cereal through the evening

I have to admit i thought that i would be starving by now or at least would of started with the hunger headaches.. but nothing as of yet.. So all's going well xx

Hi there, is anyone still doing this diet? I did put a question on a thread, but it hasn't been answered! I just wanted to know if my son does this aswell as me ..... should he have an extra shake? I also tried to find out about snakes and what kind of meal you should have, but can't seem to find anything :(
I really would appreciate any help that can be given ..... or to just point me in the right direction! :)
I hope you are all still doing well and wish you lots of success!

Many thanks Joyce

Hi all Im new to this website I have just started Asda Measure up on wednesday! Im really hoping to see results as I have been asked to be my sisters bridesmaid next year and I refuse to be a fat bridesmaid!! and tbh Im sick of being the fat sister too. Both my sisters and my brother are super SkInNy! and Im the youngest which just makes it worse cuz when they introduce their "little sister" to any1 it still hurts to see that shocked/horrified look on people's face! hope this will be my turning point as I reached my heaviest in Nov 2010 (12st 3) and have managed to loose 7lbs without much effort and am hoping this could maybe speed the process, any tips??

Hiya,
just wandering how everyone is doing on measure up?

I'm currently doing exante tfr diet. I am soon to run out of packs and too skint to order more and considering moving over to measure up as SOOO
much cheaper! The nutritional values in the measure up bars etc. Pretty similar.

Are there any guidlines/ online info about the measure up diet that anyone knows about - I've tried to look it up but haven't had any joy....

Good luck anyway
xx

asda measure up

Hi all i know this is an old thread, but i wonder if anyone is still doing this diet, i am thinking of giving it a go.

You might want to be careful a lot of the slim fast and supermarket branded versions are very high in sugar and carbs, it may be worth looking into a protein diet shake, lots of protein and low sugar and carbs, protein isn't stored like carbs are, so if you get a diet protein shake it will have a slow release protein to keep you going rather than getting your energy from sugar and carbs which if you don't burn off will be stored.
Most of you would have heard of maxi muscle diet shakes and bars which are good but expensive, iv recently started on phd diet whey and bars which are about half the price, same sort of price as slim fast, it's got lots of good reviews so I'm hoping it will be good it certainly tastes better than maxi muscle. Check out my diary and I will keep you update on how it's going.

If you go on Myfitnesspal and put in the asda measure up shakes It gives you the cals, carbs, fat and protein contents and there isn't anything that has shocked me. I have just completed week 5 and have lost 11 lbs in 5 wks which is a great result for me and its alot lighter on the pocket

Thats Asda Price :D loOoOoOoOol!

Bumping this thread - I have read that the sugar is lactose sugar (naturally found in milk?)

I started Measure Up yesterday..

I had -

Breakfast - Shake
Snack - Activia
Dinner - Shake
Snack - Quavers
Tea - Chargrill chicken pasta (300 something calories)
and another snack - quavers (i'm not sure I should have had 3 snacks? but I was still under 1200 calories)

Today I have had -

Breakfast - Egg on toast made with fry light and wholemeal bread
Snack - Quavers, while everyone else was eating toast at playgroup (proud)
Dinner - Shake (ready made one, which are loads nicer than the crap I have to mix in my blender lol but i'll stomach it)
Snack - Activia yogurt
Tea - Meal Bar (while everyone else ate pizza and chips - extra proud)

So hoping this works but I didn't weigh myself yesterday before I started :( I still haven't to be honnest.

I have done slimming world before and lost 2.5 stone but I like the idea of grab and go things like shakes and bars when i'm too busy to cook.

Good luck everyone and any more info on this diet would be great. Thanks.

Jade x

Edit: 2l of water every day too - wow i've never been to the toilet so many times in one day!

Last edited:
U shud hop on the scales as ur first wk is always ur biggest loss and ya dnt wanna miss out on that believe me :)

Seems like ur doing well, Ive been doing it for 14 wks now and this is how I follow it

Shake for breakfast
100 cal snack
shake for dinner
100 cal snack
600 cal dinner (really wanna fill urself up at dinner 2 avoid being starving all night and being tempted 22 midnight scoff lol)
100 cal snack.

as far as I know thats how measure up is supposed 2 work, I have lost 31lbs in 13 wks (havent finished or weighed in for wk 14 yet) . Goodluck and keep us posted :)

Omg skinny bridesmaid :) that's amazing!!!!
Really gives me hope when people have stuck to it for so long with amazing weight losses.

Started with a few headaches today though.. Any tips on why I'm getting them? I heard its a common side effect though.

I just bought some wotsits too to make a change from quavers lol. So 3 100 cal snacks are ok then? Obviously working for u!! Congrats again :)

Jade x

Thanks JD :) Yeah I have wotsits sometimes too just 2 "shake it up"

Not quite a skinny bridesmaid yet but def getting there I wud def recomend this diet 2 any1 its working for me and its easy on the purse too win, win! goodluck 2 ya keep us posted :)

I think I have done ok today -

Breakfast - shake
Dinner - bar
Snack - quavers
Tea - I went all out and had a quorn escalope which was suprisingly amazing.. With a little bit of pasta bake and steamfresh veg.. Probably pushed the calories a little with my tea but I have only had 1 snack today instead of 3.. Had a bit of a hectic day and not had time for snacks lol.

What do u do about tea and coffee etc? I usually have coffee with 2 sweeteners and semi skimmed milk.. I have had 2 coffees today..

Sorry for buggin ya with me questions lol - I've told quite a few people about u today though cuz your my inspiration lol :D

Jade x

Aww thanks JD :) ur not bugging me at all, I was the same at the begining cuz its really hard 2 find info on measure up as its not one of the "top brands" (cough cough *expensive brands cough lol)

Yeah I have 2 coffee's a day with 2 sugars and a splash of milk (use milk sparingly cuz of the fat content) and I worked it out 2 be about 55 cals each so 2 coffee's = just over 1 snack. But if u think about it quavers are just under the 100 cals 4 a snack so I count 2 coffee's and a bag of quavers = 2 snacks. Dinner seems fine, veg is V low in cals and fat so u can really get ur fill with that, havent ever had a pasta bake so dnt know the cals or fat for that (Just watch amount with pasta) and the quorn seems fine too.

Do you use myfitnesspal? Thats a really good way 2 stay on top of the cals especially on things ur not sure of the cal/fat value. I use mine everyday and there is even a iphone app :) and they have the values for the measure up range too. cuz as much as u dnt wanna go over (for obvious reasons lol) u dnt wanna go far under either. If u eat less than 1200 cals a day u send ur body into starvation mode so it stores fat and burns it slowly (not gd) and it will also slow ur metabolism dwn in the long run making u gain weight even when ur eating normally (very not gd) On measure up u are allowed about 1300 a day so sailing pretty close to the line. Hope this helps :D

I'm still sticking to it :)

I couldn't get on yesterday as I only have computer access if I come my Mums and my blackberry is pants for internet. I haven't used that fitness pal yet but thanks i will check it out.
My scales at home are really crap and telling me I am lighter than I actually am lol, but the dial is not going as far up as it used to lol :)

Finding it easier than slimming world I just hope the results are as good.

A scales that weigh lighter.....................sounds great 2 me, I'll borrow them :) thats great that u are finding it easier than SW maybe this is the "diet" for u, it sure is for me. I think thats why sometimes we fail when we try different diets, its not so much we didnt do it right or we just love food too much (although that certainly is true for me aswell lol) I think u just really have to find something that suits u before it really falls into place. I have tried sooooooo many different ones and wud never lose more than a couple of lbs before falling off the wagon and giving up. This one just works for me. Simple. I dnt feel half starved and deprived and can even have some cheeky lil bits of "junk food" (quavers or a kitkat) 2 lettuce leaves a day just dnt work 4 me ;)

It's definitely working as I weighed myself at my Sisters Tuesday, then I was there Friday and couldn't resist not weighing myself and I had done 6lb OFF in 3 DAYS!! :D I think I have lost a couple of more lbs since then too... Today is a week since I started! People have tried to tempt me with things and it really isn't bothering me :D Stepping on the scales and seeing that your lighter beats the pants off a good drinking session or kebab any day :rolleyes:

I just ordered a few more supplies with my shopping but calorie counting may seem daunting at first but once you get used to the stuff you eat every day your not constantly looking at packets and its deffo the way forward!! I'm even getting used to the taste of the shakes.

I'm finding that I am getting fuller off meals that never even touched the sides before too, so my stomach must have shrunk which is a good thing :) To think I haven't gone over 2000 cal for a week, which is what a female adult should eat to maintain weight is amazing...

I have been eating fishfingers, waffles, biscuits etc.. But i'm counting the calories :)

I love this diet because i'm too busy some days to do all the recipes slimming world tells you to do and the grab and go ready made shakes and bars are just easy!

Thanks for friend requesting me :)

Jade x

If 2day is a wk since u started u shud weigh urself and record ur weekly losses, it will make u realise how far u've come when u look back in a month or 2 months and see how lbs are gone 4ever! :) But at least 6lbs is friggin amazing!!! thats 1 lb off half a stone :clap: ur first wk is always ur best loss so dnt be disappointed if nxt wk is less just keep adding it all up.

I agree seeing the scales go down is the BeSt motivation which is why wkly weigh ins are important.

It really is true that ur body adjusts 2 eating less so u feel fuller quicker (clever body!) so after a wk or so it does get easier, in general ur first wk is usually the hardest.

And ur right once u get a few fav's with food u dnt have to constantly check cal counts and stuff u just know after a while what u can have in a day which makes life easier. Im a fishfinger muncher 2 yum yum and v diet friendly. Its really suprising isnt it how much u can actually still eat while on this "diet" so it doesnt feel much like a "diet".

No worries on the friend request, we can support each other :)

Starting weight (when I went for my DEPO) : 15st 5lbs
Weight when I weighed myself at my Sisters the first time: 15st 4lbs
Weighed myself yesterday at boots: 14st 11lbs :D

Going go to boots every Thursday and weigh myself on the same scales.

Really used to the shakes now, I don't dread them anymore... even the cafe latte one is starting to taste good haha.

I'm getting really full off small portions too.
Everyone keeps asking ''What happens when you s top the shakes? you will put it all back on'' ... I'm not sure this is true if my shrunken stomach can't physically take it ;) It's about knowing when your full and now I deffo do!

I see your another lb off well done!!!

Welldone u! thats amazing!! :D

Yeah weighing urself on the same scales every wk is a good call as all scales are slightly different so it will help u keep an acurate track of ur progress. And try and wear the same type of clothes (or same clothes) like joggers and a tank top every wk. Believe it or not things like Jeans can affect ur weigh-in results as they r quite heavy.

Im starting to phase my shakes out now as Im close to my targets started by dropping down to one shake a day now only having one every other day. Wanted to ease bk into normal eating. I agree with what u say we really have to change our attitude to food. Listening to our body's when we feel full stop eating, dnt boredom or comfort eat (these are all the things I have done in the past) stopping the shakes when u have lost the weight shudnt mean putting it all bk on aslong as we are more aware of what we are putting into our bodies and not just scoffing for the sake of it (again one of my many talents lol) Put I feel confident I can keep the weight off when I stop. To begin with Im going to monitor my weight every wk still even when Im eating normally just so Im sure I got it under control.

Hopefully shud hit my target this wk (FiNgErS cRoSsEd!!) although Im thinking I might go a little lower now not much just a few more lbs.

Let me know how u get on wednesday :)

Back