Measuring for syns.. be carefull!

vampalicious

Silver Member
S: 21st5.8lb C: 20st1.5lb G: 11st11.3lb BMI: 44.1 Loss: 1st4.3lb(6.1%)
i have 2 sugars in my coffee 4 times a day which works out at 8 syns... or so i thought!
i bought a set of measuring spoons and checked how much sugar i was actually using and it worked out to be 3.5 syns per coffee!! (3 and a half tea spoons) so i had been using not 8 syns, but 14 syns!
now im measuring and having proper tea spoons, but im going to try drop it to one if i can,
so dont guess coz you could be going way over like i was :(
no wonder i gained last week lol x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

helen1987

S: 17st1lb C: 13st13lb Loss: 3st2lb(18.41%)
i have 2 sugars in my coffee 4 times a day which works out at 8 syns... or so i thought!
i bought a set of measuring spoons and checked how much sugar i was actually using and it worked out to be 3.5 syns per coffee!! (3 and a half tea spoons) so i had been using not 8 syns, but 14 syns!
now im measuring and having proper tea spoons, but im going to try drop it to one if i can,
so dont guess coz you could be going way over like i was :(
no wonder i gained last week lol x

OUCH!!! well atleast you know now..........

could you not change to sweetener? :) x

TheOnlyPink

S: 18st1.5lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 1st6.5lb(8.09%)
omg, thats shocking!

Would you try sweetner? It takes a few days to get used to, but now I cant tell the difference!

shawden

G: 11st7lb
Or could you cut it out altogether? I used to drink it with sugar in, took about 2 weeks without it and now I can't drink it with sugar in
I would rather have chocolate or wine for syns than sugar in my drinks, but everyone is different x

vanilla_cupcake

Silver Member
I wouldn't change to sweetener it's one of the worst things you can take, why not cut down gradually by 1tsp a week and see if you can't manage without any at all :)

TheOnlyPink

S: 18st1.5lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 1st6.5lb(8.09%)
Totally agree with cutting it out. Its hard tho. I swapped to two spoons of sweetener and am down to slightly less than a level teaspoon, with the aim to drop it altogether.

vampalicious

Silver Member
im trying to cut it down as i hate wasting syns on sugar lol, im going to try drop it to one tea spoon for now and see how i go, ive tried every sweetener going and id rather drink my own P*** that drink coffee with sweetener in lol

vampalicious

Silver Member
You could use half spoon sugar thats what my brother does or you try honey in it instead.

just had the urge to say *whistle* you look fantastic :) xx

Rochelle1

Gold Member
S: 19st10.5lb C: 10st13.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 8st11lb(44.48%)
I used to take 1 sugar in coffee too then a couple of years ago I decided to cut it out and now it tastes vile with it in! Honestly it'll only take a couple of weeks to get your taste buds to alter. And you will be able to use those syns on something much better :) I hated wasting healthy extras in teas at the start of slimming world so switched to peppermint tea/black coffee and I don't miss teas with milk in now lol it's strange x

MrsCadbury

S: 14st11lb G: 10st0lb
My cutlery set is really big. I've never used them when measuring things. Always use my measuring spoons.

On the sugar front, I started using sweetex sweetener in work but still had a small sugar in my coffee in the morning. When I switched to Alpro soya milk I didn't need any sugar/sweetener any more. I find soya milk sweeter than semi skimmed.