Total Solution Measuring Meggity...

I am soooo glad you had a good night Meg.
Excellent :D
It does shock you initially how quickly you become full eh ?
This diet really does reprogramme your body I think :)
You just have to remember that... so that your mind follows ;):)

Oh God, woken up in a bad mood and a stinking headache. Hayfever itching doesnt help either. Where's all my optimism gone?

Think this will be a long day....

aww Meggity, take some pills to get rid of this bad headache, please.
I don't suffer hay fevers so can't suggest anything. You know better how to deal with it, I bet.
Sometimes it's hard, but don't give up. Just take it one more hour a time. Try to be strong today.
The headache and hay fever can't stop you and mess up your diet, can they?
Tomorrow will be easier. :hug99:

And I know you can do it love! :)

Thanks Biggie. Taken a deep breath and like you said, will concentrate on things an hour at a time.... just need to get through this day, and then I am sure the self satisfaction will creep back in :)

Make sure you drink plenty of water too. Some times its easy to forget when your not feeling your best
Marge
:)

Hmm true Marge, I have been slipping a lot on that aspect - especially yesterday. Have two 1L bottles on the desk with me... but sometimes, you just dont feel thirsty :S

Ok, halfway through the day and 100%!

Been harrassing the poor builder who's at present fitting my bathroom to advise me on various DIY tasks I need to do, so that's been keeping me occupied :)

I've had workmen here since September last year, so it's going to be so quiet when they go... imminently. But also oh, so peaceful! No more serenading with Lady Gaga, or yelling at the footie scores.... bliss :D

Not to mention the endless tea/coffee requests.

Wheee, jumped out of bed this morning and stepped on the scales to find myself 4 lbs lighter than last week :) Great start to this all, and cant stop beaming :D

woop woop well done, hope the next days go well for you, i slipped last night and i am so annoyed with myself, but im picking myself up and getting back on the wagon...i feel so ashamed.

well done for your losses, thats the motivation to keep me going now so i am going to weigh today and start my week again.

Aww I want to cry.

Was feeling peckish earlier, so sat down with half a soup to watch the second episode of the Channel 4 series Embarrassing Fat Bodies.

I had thought it would help motivate me, but in this episode, as before, it features a client who has lost loads of weight successfully only to be confronted with tons of excess skin, which still ruins their lives. And the ultimate belief that they felt better in themselves with their previous weight than they do now.

The pain these people feel is obvious - they have succeeded in their goal of losing all that weight, yet confronted with an even more depressing result. And I think that's a fair assessment. They have become ashamed rather than proud of their bodies. Its affecting their lives, and the gentleman showed in this episode has become a recluse.

So my question is - what does this bode for all of us? Do the rest of us who have to lose a significant amount of weight, need to plan to deal with the aftermath? Is surgery the only option?

I'm 36 and have been obese most of my adult life, so I am sat here assuming that my stomach skin has been stretched for so much and so long, that there is no hope for me! Gone is the exciting image of a new me in my head, wearing that bikini on a sandy beach, and in its place is a blurry grey figure.

Should we all expect to have to undergo surgery to finalise our transformation, or is there something that we can do to limit this problem?!

AMG...

I havnt watched but oh god yeah I think if you do the 20 mins excercise a day and build it up a little this should help I know I was bad the last two days had a little sneak and still lost 5 lb so far so I am back on it but I am going to add a bit of excercise when I'm in ketosis which will hopefully be next week just a gentle swim or a bit of fun with kids on xbox or the trampoline hope this will help me if you add 20 mins a day we could be ok x

:) Just stumbled across the 'Shred' thread - looking into getting the dvd and joining the crowd! Not sure what else is needed tho - weights, skipping rope?

Feeling a lot more positive about things today too - maybe because the sun is shinng :)

Was watching BL last night, which helped with the motivation too.

for some reason getting back on track seems so much easier and i think the next 4 days are gunna be easier, as.....im working till saturday, then by then i should be in ketosis (which i havnt got yet, and work keeps me occupied) i have no kids to feed due to shifts they will have been fed and sorted out so no temptation to eat!!!! i am going to do it this time round, deffo. will watch bl aswell always makes me feel good lol

I lost a friend yesterday.

A lorry driver failed to see him stationary on his motorbike at lights. No speed, as we'd teased him about in the past, just a stupid case of ignorance and poor driving on the part of the lorry driver, resulted in his death.

One of my closest friends, we'd known each other since we were five. Grew up together, shared our first kiss, then quickly realised we were better as friends and remained so ever since.

I don't know what to think now - what to feel. I'm just numb. The tears keep coming, but even as I right this now, I still dont think I believe it, truly.

I honestly dont remember all of the last 24 hours, except to say I havent had any shakes or bars - but have eaten - god knows what.

Strange, how quickly the habit forms. Logged on the pc just to do something... and this was the first site I brought up.

Suddenly the diet doesnt seem to matter, but for the person I was yesterday, it does. I can't stomach anything at the moment - not even vanilla :(

Oh I am so sorry hun (((hugs))) xxx

Sorry to hear about your friend Meg. Xxx

Thanks guys, so much.

I'm back on track today and aiming for a 100% week. 'Fraid I put on 2 of the 4lbs I lost last week, but will lose them again this week - I am determined.

Hi Meggity......... just caught up on your diary... I'm so sorry for your loss, what a horrible horrible shock for you..... I hope you're managing to be kind to yourself, tis a really tough time for you. Take care x

Back