1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

measuring ya cereals

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by franbob, 10 January 2010 Social URL.

1. franbob

franbob Well-Known Member

when ya measure do you weigh to get the 28g or do you get one of those measuring jugs?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Definitely weigh it. For convenience weigh it out before hand and put in separate bags so that in the morning you just have to pick out a bag. This will help avoid the temptation to guesstimate when you're in a rush.

4. Mel2

Mel2 Well-Known Member

I weigh on digital scales. Much more acurate then using a measuring jug.

5. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

I weigh, even bought some digital scales especially for the job :D

6. Foxy1509

Foxy1509 Well-Known Member

Weigh.... stick the bowl on digital scales - can't go wrong that way! If I'm going to stay with friends or family, I'll weigh out a serving and stick it in a plastic bag for the next morning.

7. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

I was guessing to start with and my weight loss slowed down so I bought some digital scales and now im flying along much better!
    I used to have Raisen wheats and never measured them, but when i decided to measure them today i could literally have 8 pieces!!
    Now i use 5 syns to have honey cheerios and its well worth it

8. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Well-Known Member

I always use weigh scales or I eat things that don't need to be weighed .

9. mojomcl

mojomcl Well-Known Member

Cereal is pretty much the only thing I do weigh. Over time, though, I've found that 28gms is a level ramekin of then ones I use. hth x

10. franbob

franbob Well-Known Member

i've weight it now, only a miniscule amount isnt it!! ive got banana to top it up with. now a question... ive got kellogs bran flakes its counted as my healthy extra isnt it and i dont have to syn it do i??