Measuring yourselves

schweetiiness

Hey Guys!

I just wondered if anyone here measures themselves as well as weighing?

I did it at the start and just thought i'd do it again now as it's been 6 weeks!

Was VERY happy to find that I've lost 6.5" overall especially the 2" off my hips and also 2" off my waist :eek:

How often you think measuring should be done? every 4 weeks or so??

Thanks peeps! xxx

I have set myself a date every week to measure myself, that way if i have a gain but have still lost weight then i have the inspiration to carry on :)

i've never quite managed to measure myself, i think i must be thick haha - cause it never works out, if that makes any sense at all lol. xx

LOL Stephie!!! it doesn't make any sense to me... your not using a metal tape measure at all are you?? =P i tried that once didn't work... x

I measure :) I love it. I find that if I'm having a 'grr I'm dieting for NOTHING!!' week or two, it really perks me up looking at my start measurements and then seeing what I am now.

Well done on your inch loss! :woohoo:

I measure every 4 weeks (have done since starting SW in October) and have lost 14.5 inches overall xxx

Once a month is enough for measuring parts of your body. More than that and you can get obsessive over the inches (Everyone is different biologically so it can take anything between 3 and 8lbs to lose an inch and it's not always the same everytime!) rather than the overall goal. Also remember, just as they can affect the scales, periods and fluid retention can affect waist measurement. :)

My own personal trick is to measure myself only if I hit a plateau or I hit one of my mini goals. So far I have dropped three inches on my waist.

Thanks Hellie =) I definately feel alot more determined to keep seeing them inches coming off!

Welldone Devon Dumpling! thats amazing!! keep up the good work! =)

xxx

Well Done Sue!!! that's amazing!! Keep up the good work! =)

Might have to start a posting measurement updates every few weeks rather than just weight lost!! x

i think i am going to measure when ive lost 2st, and then every stone after that!!!

:) be very interesting to see how many inches....x

Ahh thanks Sue =)

Let us know how many you've lost Elliebear! I've lost about a stone and 6 inches all over have come off!!

xxx

I would highly recommend measuring yourself regularly. I STS this week, and I'm not sure why, possibly due to water retention. However when measuring myself I have lost half an inch off both my hips and waist since last month.

When I look at myself physically I don't feel as if I have lost 25lbs, but my measurements plus looser clothes prove that I have!

Back