Meat/fish quantities?

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Hi All just out of curiosity is there a limit to how much meat you can have? As in 200g per meal for example? Im currently just coming off a vlcd and wanting to do something new ive lost over 3stone and would like to lose the last stone or so slowly but eating something, so im just weighing ;) up my options, but i do like the idea of atkins! im a meat girl :) so it seems ideal. Its between WW and Atkins!

Technically there isn't a specific protein limit but atkins is really a low carb high fat medium protein diet. The recommended ratio of calories is 5/65/30 % (ish) carbs/fat/protein for induction (increase carbs and reduce fat later in owl). You can set this up in MFP or other systems to see if your balance is about right. The fat is an important part of the diet - it satisfies you and seems to keep the fat burning mechanisms running:)

At the start of induction I ate as much as I needed to stop cravings and feel full which is what it says in the book. After ketosis kicks in your appetite seems to naturally diminish so my portion sizes did go down but I can still eat a 300g rib eye steak when I fancy it :D

I do find though that if I have a lot of salad or veg on my plate now that a piece of meat or fish between 150 and 200g is enough.

Back