Meat/pan juices?

Legomom

Gold Member
If I've cut ALL visible fat off my pork steaks beef steaks or chicken breasts then can I use any pan juices from the meat or would that need syning?

I've just been eyeing up some lovely clear pork juices from the oven and my pan of smash gravy bubbling on the hob...........

Legomom said:
If I've cut ALL visible fat off my pork steaks beef steaks or chicken breasts then can I use any pan juices from the meat or would that need syning?

I've just been eyeing up some lovely clear pork juices from the oven and my pan of smash gravy bubbling on the hob...........

You would need to syn it

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Any idea what it syns as? The pork comes up really really lean as they are loin steaks and it's easy to get all the fat before I cook em :)

You would need to syn it

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Eh? Why? No you wouldn't, as long as there was no visible fat left to start with it's fine - otherwise you would never be able to make a casserole or a stew or anything! Go ahead and eat it! :)

I always eat the meat juices and never syn but if there looks like any oil bubbles on the top I just remove it by laying a square of kitchen towel over for a couple of secs to soak any oil up.

ermintrude said:
Eh? Why? No you wouldn't, as long as there was no visible fat left to start with it's fine - otherwise you would never be able to make a casserole or a stew or anything! Go ahead and eat it! :)

Woooo I'm following this advice as its the tastiest ;)

My consultant told us as long as ALL the visible fat was removed beforehand then you don't need to syn it, but if you are going to use it for something else outside the meal (not sure how you could though unless you used it as a butter substitue or something) then it's syns.

I always eat the meat juices and never syn but if there looks like any oil bubbles on the top I just remove it by laying a square of kitchen towel over for a couple of secs to soak any oil up.

A variation on that if time isnt as much an issue, pour it in a container and stick it in the fridge. Any fat will coagulate on the top of the juices when it has cooled down.

i always use pan juices for sauces and gravy!

Back