Medical form nightmare

hanmac

Getting her sparkle back
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this and to lighter life.
Went to the induction this morning and watched the dvd, filled out the forms etc. and am really excited to start!
Found out that I can join a group that meets tomorrow as they are only on week 2. So would be able to start on Friday.

However, was given the medical form and phoned my doctors to get an appointment with a doctor or nurse to get it signed.
The surgery had to phone me back as they had to speak to their supervisor. Who then phoned me, explaining that I would need to pay 10 pounds for the form to be processed and it could take up to 10 working days.

Is this the case with everybody? Or is it just my surgery being weird. I'm desperate to get it signed asap as I don't want to miss this group and have to wait 11 weeks for the next groups to start...

I didn't have to wait for mine to be processed, but doctors do charge a fee. Luckily my doctor was very kind and did it for free (as I was a student too!).

Getting my form was delayed (getting an appontment was difficult), but I was still allowed to join the group's first meeting - knowing that I'd probably be starting the week after. Explain the situation to your LLC, I'm sure he/she will understand and let you join this one.

:)

At least your GP can do it, mine wouldnt and I had to go private.

I was told that superdrug chemists will do it for a fee (£40 I think). Try giving em a ring.

I had to wait 6 weeks to start due to delays with GP and missing a month start. Had I known about Superdrug I would have been on it like a flash. £40 is well worth it to save a month imho

Ahhh brilliant! Thank you, sorry should have searched around a bit more for the answer but was in a blind panic.
Phoned LL/Superdrug and have an appointment for Saturday at 1pm so if the doctor can't sign it before then i'll go there. Will just have to go to the meeting tomorrow and not get the packs :(

At least it's one dilemma out of the way!
Since you can't officially start this week, you can start preparing your body and taking positive steps! :)

It definitely will help if you start cutting out carbs now - you will not get carb withdrawal later! (which in some people can be quite distressing: headaches, low energy). This state passes within about 4 days, but can be cut shorter with a little forward thinking! ;)

Stick to protein (meats/fish) and vegetables / salad where possible.

Have fun, good luck!! :D

At least it's one dilemma out of the way!
Since you can't officially start this week, you can start preparing your body and taking positive steps! :)

It definitely will help if you start cutting out carbs now - you will not get carb withdrawal later! (which in some people can be quite distressing: headaches, low energy). This state passes within about 4 days, but can be cut shorter with a little forward thinking! ;)

Stick to protein (meats/fish) and vegetables / salad where possible.

Have fun, good luck!! :D

Hello! Thank you for the advice :)

I definitely need to cut down on the amount of caffeine I drink as not sure I could drink tea without the milk.

Am really excited to start as after watching the DVD I was so psyched up but guess I need to remember that losing weight (via whatever method) takes time and it won't go over night!

Have my first meeting tonight at 7.30 then am going to go back on Saturday to pick up the packs and hopefully start on Sunday :)

Hopefully my weight loss is as good as yours!

Back