medical questions the pharmacist askfor lipotrim diet

Hi, currently thinking about starting the Lipotrim diet, need to lose about 5st. Just wondering what type of medical questions the pharmacist ask or medical restrictions which apply. I have a underactive thryoid & PCOS wondering if anyone else has either of these conditions and currently on the lipotrim diet.

I just hope that I can start this program because the weight lost & people I have read on this forum is amazing. I would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks

they will want information about your thyroid. are you not on treatment? my pharmacist talked to me re thyroxine medication. he wanted to be sure that it was now stable and that it was being monitored. he also asked me if i had tried to lose weight and be unsuccessful. what a stupid question. of course i had tried dieting and not lost much but it was because i didn't stick to it - and not because of my thyroid. hope that helps

A couple of people on here suffer with thyroid problems ... irishmum being one of them maybe get in touch with her? But she is doing ok on LT so cant see why you would be any different. But just explain it all to your chemist and be honest with him/her :)

The chemist should ask you if you are on any medication when you go to see them and they will then make sure you are OK to start LT. Any other questions, just ask them.

They just asked if I was on any medication and when I mentioned my underactive thyroid they asked for the dosage and if my levels had been stable for at least 6mths? Apart from that it's just general stuff, like a health insurance questionaire?Have you any heart conditions, epilepsy, etc etc.
LT is a 'last resort' for many of us with these conditions- we've nearly all tried EVERYTHING else to lose the weight, and I have yet to hear of someone not being allowed to do it unless they have a 'serious' medical condition? Good luck!

I too have an underactive thyroid and was asked if I'd been stable for 6mths. Also I had to get a doctor to sign me on to Lipotrim and had to agree to get my bloods taken in 8 wks after the dieting to insure my thyroid levels have not been effected by my weight loss. Then it was the usual questions diabetic, heart conditions etc. But they did tell me not the take my hayfever as the lactose in the pill would effect my weight loss. But with the size of the pill and my hayfever got so bad, people thought I was asmatic, I had to start to take it again.

Good Luck with it! Drink LOADS of water, stick to it 100% and you'll be fine and do great!! xx

Back