Meeting days over the Christmas period?

A couple of weeks ago our consultant told us that there wouldn't be a meeting on our usual day (Tues) as of course Christmas and New Years day fall on that day... however, she would be running her usual Monday eve class at a nearby town. She sent that she understands that we're likely to be busy on those days and of course there was no obligation to attend and no penalty but that she'd recommend we go to keep us on track.

Last week, she did an about turn (her supervisor was there) and they back tracked big style. Because our consultant was providing an alternative class, we now have to either go on the Monday evening, pay for the two weeks or use them as holiday! Needless to say there are some very annoyed people in class!

So, for those of you who weigh in on a Monday or Tuesday, what arrangements has your consultant made?

My consultant is having the WI on Thursday, we usually weigh on Tuesday, its going to be a joint WI with another group who weigh the same place but on a Wednesday, so don't think there will be image therapy on but both consultants will be there. They've been told that they should still do a WI on new years, so I'm going to book a holiday for then as we'll be away.

I know another group near me has a few Monday groups, one in the morning and two in the afternoon, she'd doing a Sunday afternoon WI and a Monday morning one.

Ours has moved to Thursday. A lot of people book holidays though. I suspect she was wrong to tell you there was no penalty, hence the back track. We've had to travel to other groups on the past, it's not unusual over Christmas.

Our Tuesday has moved to Thursday, would have much preferred an Xmas eve group rather than the bloatedness after the day itself!!

Our Monday group is moving to Sunday morning - I questioned this as I have a countdown and possibly aren't available for the new time. She said that I would definitely be reimbursed as she's changed the WI day and not just the time.

Wonder why different C's are saying different things??

Our Monday group is moving to Sunday morning - I questioned this as I have a countdown and possibly aren't available for the new time. She said that I would definitely be reimbursed as she's changed the WI day and not just the time.

Wonder why different C's are saying different things??

My friend goes to the Monday night class usually and has a countdown..... she's been told that she'll lose weeks from her countdown if she doesn't go (she's going away on Xmas eve), but surely she can use her holiday whilst she has a countdown running?

My friend goes to the Monday night class usually and has a countdown..... she's been told that she'll lose weeks from her countdown if she doesn't go (she's going away on Xmas eve), but surely she can use her holiday whilst she has a countdown running?

No as you have to book your holidays in when you buy your countdown they cannot be added once the countdown starts running. A bit annoying if something unexpected comes up but they are fairly inflexible about it

No as you have to book your holidays in when you buy your countdown they cannot be added once the countdown starts running. A bit annoying if something unexpected comes up but they are fairly inflexible about it

So what happens if you're ill then? In days of old (about a hundred years ago) when I did this before, you could just use one of your holiday days, is it because it's all gone high tec now?

So what happens if you're ill then? In days of old (about a hundred years ago) when I did this before, you could just use one of your holiday days, is it because it's all gone high tec now?

Yeah I don't think sickness counts either - they'd expect you to get to a different group or lose a week.

Those that are being told attend a different group or lose a week, I would email head office and ask for the official line? Seems odd that different C's can make different rules?? xx

Just one of those things. Count down weeks can't be over ridden. We've had people drag themselves to group, get weighed and go home. Count downs are about commitment.

Not sure about illness when you have a countdown as it hasn't cropped up but do know that someone had been in hospital and there had to be a special request put into head office from the C. Not sure if that would work for illness not requiring doc or hospital.

I weigh in on a Monday and our consultant is running a class on Xmas eve but earlier in the day and in a drop in style so there won't be a sit down image therapy. She is doing the same for new years eve.

Mine has cancelled her Mon eve ones but is still doing the Monday morning ones. I need to find out what my old C at my parents is doing as I'll be back there for Christmas.

My C does Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and has combined them all into one on the Thursday after Xmas, a weigh in and go, and then she's doing the same for New Year week, a weigh in and go but also with image therapy at the end because that will be 3rd January and I'm sure lots of people will be pretty pissed off with themselves by then! My C said if we couldn't attend, we had to book as holiday. I shall be attending both, even if its just to scare myself into being strict again

I really think the class between Christmas and New Year is one of the most important classes to attend. It gives me the boot I need to rein in the eating although I really really hope to not gain lots this year!

My C runs two classes on a Monday, one at 4.30pm and the other at 6.30pm. She also runs a Tuesday morning group. Over Christmas, she's going to combine all three groups into a 5.30pm Monday evening class on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. I'll definitely be going to both!

Our Monday night group is moving to the Sunday. My consultant said she thought people would be out and about getting last minute things that day anyway so could just pop in. Suits me x

My usual day is Tuesday (Xmas day and NY day) so both of those are moving to Thursdays.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back