Meetings or Online?

new_me

Hi everyone,

I have come across this forum before and have always thought how useful the support will be when I *eventually* start my new healthier life... And I am starting today!! Finally!

I have been on the Lighterlife program 2 years ago and lost 4 st but had to stop for health reasons and ended up putting it all back on and then some...

I think a programme like Weight Watchers seems like a better way forward for me, but I was hoping someone could tell me more about what its like. I've been on the website and it seems like its pretty unrestrictive, and won't affect social and public situations in the way LighterLife did. Is this the case?

How easy is it to stick to?

I also don't know whether I should go to meetings or whether I should do the online version.

I really want this to be the beginning of a new me and any help would be much appreciated. I did have a look round the forum to see if I could find the answers myself, but couldn't- but any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry for all the questions, I just want don't want to go through another "fad"!

Thanks in advance.

I go to meetings and find I need the discipline of a weekly official weigh in. I enjoy going and find everyone supportive.

Irene xx

Thanks Irene. I find the prospect of a weigh in really daunting as I am so embarrassed about my weight, but at the same time I think it would be motivating throughout the week

My leader does not make me feel embarrassed at all. She is very supportive. I take the diet a day at a time and write everything down and try to account for all my points.

And weights are not revealed in the class only pounds lost.

Irene xx

Oh I would definitely advise to go to class
when you are there you will meet so many like minded people - we are all at class for the same reason - you also get personal one to one help - something you dont get online

I would also suggest you get a monthly pass (works out cheaper) and you also get the benefit of online access

good luck on your journey

Hi hun

You shouldn't feel embarassed about your weight - it's just a number! Have you been to a class before? No one else will know your weight only the leader and you - and she (or he!) would have lost weight to be in that position in the first place.

I'm another person who goes to class ... I only go to be weighed and leave but I need not only the discipline to help stay on track, but the silly rewards like stickers etc really boost me :)

If you do decide to go it alone, a lot of people use this site as their official wi, i.e. reporting how much they've lost or gained and you will find more than enough support and answers here.

Anyway - whatever you decide, keep posting and good luck!

Twigs
xx

Hi. Thanks everyone for all your support already! I already feel so motivated and I haven't even started yet!

Haven't been to a meeting yet Twiggy, but have just found my nearest one and looking forward to starting this week!

I think a weigh in is what I need to keep me going- you are all right- otherwise, if there is noone to watch over me I know it will become a short term thing, which I really don't want.

And from what I've read on the forum, doesn't seem like I'll be starving or socially deprived or anything, which to me, is the best part, as I am still a student and don't want to be miserable!

Once again, thanks for all your help. Will definitely keep posting! :)

I think you've made the right decision joining a meeting as I find the regime of being weighed by someone keeps me on the straight and narrow. I lost 2 stone by going to meetings last yr but put it back on when I stopped going :(

So I rejoined a few weeks ago and the pounds are coming off. Don't be embarrassed about your weight, I have 10st+ to lose and have been to various meetings with different leaders over the yrs and they have always been discreet and supportive. No one will judge you, everyone is there for the same reason.

I am sure you will find WW slots into your lifestyle very easily as it doesn't really feel like a diet as it is more of a healthy eating plan and teaches you moderation.

Very best of luck anyway!

Back